what's in a name??

Options
Innerglow
Innerglow Posts: 1,074 Member
I love to hear stories about nicknames so If you want to, post your nickname(s) and how you got them, I'll start and I have a few so, her I go...........

Roo- I got it because when I was little my first pair of real shoes were kangaROOS high tops. I would walking around touching my toes every step I took and say "roo" and never wanted to take them off. Now my mother calls me Roo almost all the time.

Meg-a-Leg- I played soccer when I was little and my oldest brother used to be one of the coaches for my team. To encourage me when I was on the field he would yell "Let's go Meg-a-leg" That was probably 15 years ago and he still calls me that. He's also my fave brother and I miss him very much. I love it when he calls me that!

Nagem/ Bula witch- My Daddy-O calls me Nagem cause that's my name backwards, He thinks it's very clever! And Both my Daddy-O and Mommy-grams call me Bula witch because when I was little I used to climb in bed with them everymorning and my hair is naturally curly so in the morning I looked like a witch cause my hair was CRAZY!

Replies

• girlfriend
    girlfriend Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi my mom used to call me Ellie May u know beverly hillbilies god that was horrrible hated it @ least yours r cute.:blushing:
  • frogg2allegra
    Options
    Leggs-because my name is Al LEG ra. My family is the only allowed to call me this.
    When I was in School with my brother, Alan, he would stand at the end of the hall and yell it down at me, I was of course, mortified and he of course thought this was hysterical. He is the youngest of my four older brothers and they torment me still to this day.

Dirty Knees-my middle name is De nise so Alan thought this was just too funny. He still thinks he is clever when he calls me this.

Ally-if anyone calls me this I know that they have no clue who I am and have not been around me in over 15 years.

Boo-My two year old calls me this instead of mom. It drives me crazy and I adore it all at the same time
  • butterfly25
    butterfly25 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    my older sister would always call me lynnie..i wish she was still here...:cry: just to hear her say it one more time..it will be a year and nine months tomorrow that she will be gone and it was all because she was over weight and had heart troubles and no medical coverage...but now thats the name i always use:bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Monkey-because of 1 stinking picture of me at around 6 months old. I was this skinny, white, bald azz thing with huge blue eyes, small mouth and ears that stuck straight out from my head.

I truly looked like some form of albino monkey:laugh:

:angry: thanks for the memories

:laugh: :laugh:
  • girlfriend
    girlfriend Posts: 12
    Options
    My nephew calls his grandmother Cha Cha he's 3 its cute bc her dogs name is Cha cha so she never knows who he talking to.:laugh:
  • jbourque
    jbourque Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My uncle gave me the name Cinderella because I was always doing chores for my mom and never complained. Now it's just become the running joke whenever I visit and my mom asks me to do things around the house.
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I'm called goose- because when I was as young as I can remember up until like 7 or so, I used to love to sit on my grandparent's porch on their concrete goose they used to dress up.

I'm also called noots but there is no good reason- my cousin just made that one up.

I'm called bethers- my best friend and I in high school were both named Beth, so she used to call me Beth-ers to differentiate us. And then when I got married, my maiden name started with a R, and my last name starts with an S, so Bethrs makes sense. : )

My nephew is called Toad because when he was a kid he used to sleep with his butt up in the air, and he kinda looked like a frog. It was very, very cute.

This is good times.
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    My twin sis one day just started calling me "sissy" as opposed to my name. It has come to the point now that we each call one another that.

My youngest son is Joshua and he was such a jelly roll when he was born. We called him Jellybean and to this day it's hard not to want to call him that.

My dad used to call me his little hothead :explode: . He said I was the sweetest thing until someone messed with me then my Spanish blood would come up and I'd explode. LOL
    I don't remember what he was talking about but just like butterfly I wish I could hear him call me that one more time. :cry:

Cute thread :smokin:
  • MRSWESSON
    MRSWESSON Posts: 107
    Options
    KEIKO: Because my friend could not spell Nichole in the Valentines card in 5th grade, so my best friend (his sweetheart:heart: ) would call me Keiko :laugh:

NIX: for Nikki which is short for Nichole :tongue:

KOLIE: Just seemed to happen :ohwell:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Peeper - my mom called me this until I was 12 (and mortified of it) because instead of looking, I would say 'peeping' when I was a toddler. :embarassed:

She also called me Grace, which I only got much later in life when I grasped the concept of sarcasm. :laugh:

We nicknamed our son 'Emperor' when he was very teeny because he was the boss. Unfortunately it stuck and DH and I still accidentally refer to him this way (once to his doctor - very weird). :ohwell:
  • jaydeangel
    jaydeangel Posts: 31
    Options
    In high school they called me Squidget. Which translates to Squishy Midget. LOL!
    I was called Pebbles because i dyed my hair red.
  • Innerglow
    Innerglow Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Peeper - my mom called me this until I was 12 (and mortified of it) because instead of looking, I would say 'peeping' when I was a toddler. :embarassed:

She also called me Grace, which I only got much later in life when I grasped the concept of sarcasm. :laugh:

We nicknamed our son 'Emperor' when he was very teeny because he was the boss. Unfortunately it stuck and DH and I still accidentally refer to him this way (once to his doctor - very weird). :ohwell:

haha that is too funny!!
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I don't know why but my dad always called me Turtleturd when I was little. To this day I LOVE turtles! I even have 2 tatttoos of turtles!

My aunt always called me Sister Babe because when they brought me home from the hospital my sister couldnt say my name, Charlaine, and instead of baby sister I was the sister baby, they just shortened it to Sister Babe

My friends used to call me Charlie, easier than Charlaine

I have a cousin we always called Teller because when he was a baby his brothers and sisters were trying to say a little fellow and it came out a little teller. It's still hard for me to call him Robert, he will always be Teller to me!!!
  • tubbytabbytales
    tubbytabbytales Posts: 5,883
    Options
    Tab - because people are too lazy to say my full name. haha
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Velvita ~ Got this nickname when I started to play softball...so I even had my own softball cheer..kind of corny (nacho nacho pitch, you don't have to swing it it's nacho pitch, VELVITA!) hahah..

Scooters~ No idea, my dad has always called me this since I was little

Don Vito~ In about senior year of high school, I guess Bam Margera was on the tv at the time and people in school would call me this.

Viter ~ No idea where they came up with this too, but sometimes people will call me this too! haha
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I have a million nicknames....every play you can think of on Amy....ames, amers, aim, aim-a-lace (my middle name is Lacey), my brother likes to call me aim-butt.

My dad also likes to call me booger or the rhyming wooger (no idea where that came from, he's called me that forever, and now I call my cat that). When I was a kid he called me little miss muffet and waterbug because I was always playing in the water.

Through out junior high I was shorty becasue I am 5'2, and for years at an old job it was slappy. This guy nicknamed me that because he said I always looked like I was about to slap somebody:laugh:
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    Sarabear - from my older brother, he lives in vegas, haven't seen him in years but everytime I talk to him phone or in person, that's what he calls me.

Chuck - from my mom, why, who knows???

Sara Jane - My grandpa, oh I miss him, like many on here, wish I could hear it, just one more time :sad:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    When I was little my older brother used to call me "Stovepipe". I guess because I was so skinny. It stuck with me for years. My mom even used to call me Stovepipe after I became an adult. Both are no longer living and nobody calls me Stovepipe now.
  • shutterbug4674
    shutterbug4674 Posts: 3,690 Member
    Options
    Jay Jay- My nephew and neice call me this. They have an Uncle Jason on their mother's side, so I ended up with Jay Jay. Which I love, I adore them to pieces. :love:

Frosty- My drag name is Jacqueline Frost, so everyone calls me Frosty. :bigsmile:

Skittles- Nickname from my Softball team. :flowerforyou:
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    my older sister would always call me lynnie..i wish she was still here...:cry: just to hear her say it one more time..it will be a year and nine months tomorrow that she will be gone and it was all because she was over weight and had heart troubles and no medical coverage...but now thats the name i always use:bigsmile:
    I am sorry for your loss.
    Mine is Kikko pot pot pot pie. lol Shortened to Kikko pot pie, than later to Kikko. My brother gave me that nickname when he was like 6. He died in 02 in a motercycle wreck, Only my family calls me this now, but I too would give anything to hear my brother call me this. :flowerforyou: