Starting over! Need support!

Options
Hey! I started my journey about 2 1/2 years ago and I lost 35 pounds (Goal was 70) Then, I gained back 40 within months! Now here I am again back where I started!

I am very determined to meet my goal of 70lbs this time, and staying there! I need all the support I can get, and I will be there for you every step of the way as well!

Glad to be back using MFP again, it changed my life before, and it will again (for good!)

:bigsmile:

Replies

• PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Hi!!

I started with about 60lbs to lose.

Feel free to add me as a friends for motivation etc.
  • spike90
    spike90 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I had to restart again myself. I am sticking to it this time. Feel free to add me!!!
  • Taneil27
    Taneil27 Posts: 253
    Options
    Awesome thank you guys!! :flowerforyou:
  • AbiLee1976
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • s0ready
    s0ready Posts: 99
    Options
    bump bump bump :) lets give her some support :flowerforyou:
  • traumajunkie84
    Options
    Im beginning my journey again as well, feel free to add me for support.
  • Taneil27
    Options
    bump bump bump :) lets give her some support :flowerforyou:

Aw thanks darlin!
  • Jenny1061
    Jenny1061 Posts: 29
    Options
    i am here if you need support through out the day. =)
  • jenrod1118
    jenrod1118 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome back! I'm in the same boat as you. I started last year went full force then stopped and maintained over winter. I'm ready to pick it back up again but can't find the urge to log again. Heres to jumpstarting and finishing our journey!

Feel free to friend request me :)
  • mormas
    mormas Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm also in the same boat :ohwell:
    April 2011 - August 2011 lost 42lbs (252 down to 210lb)
    September - March 2012 gained 37lb (210 up to 247lb)
    As of today I weigh 241 lb, but hope to be below 200lb by August for my summer holiday. Fell free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • workerbee2011
    workerbee2011 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Great to have you back! Add me if you like :smile:
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I lost the first of my weight last year 28lbs, then I took a year off and maintained it (well gained 4lbs in a year so not too bad) Now Im back on track and ready to remove the last 26lbs. So far since joining about 10 days ago I have lost the 4lbs that I gained over my year of "maintenance" soooooooo 22lbs to go :)

Feel free to add me :)
  • WifenMom
    WifenMom Posts: 40
    Options
    I too did the same thing. I worked really hard in 2010 and lost 35lbs. (my goal is 80). In the past year I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea and kindof used my fatigue as an excuse for not having any motivation and over a year and 4 months time I regained 32lbs. Ugh!
    Ready to do this and get all the weight off and keep it off :)
  • skadoosh33
    skadoosh33 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your gain. However it does happen to many people, including winners from the Biggest Loser. Unfortunately when we gain lots of extra fat our cells are not only getting larger (hypertrophy), but they are also multiplying (hyperplasia). Therefore when we work out and lose the extra weight the cells only "deflate" but they don't disappear. So when you fall off of your diet and have an excess of calories they fill back up very quickly.
  • purplep41n
    purplep41n Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hello, I did Slimming World and lost about 21 pounds now back up to what I was when I started it. Its been struggle for me too. Please feel free to add me too :)
  • minihousemouse
    minihousemouse Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. I went from 52 kg to about 80 kg within a year - I had twins and made up for all the not being able to eat through being sick for both of them once they were born and piled on the pounds. I went on a weight loss programme with our local pharmacy and got down to 71kg within about a year. That was 4 years ago. I since yo-yo'd back to 80kg, back down to 75kg and finally back up to 85kg. When even the biggest clothes I had were getting too tight and I finally threw the towel on my old clothes that I had been determined to fit back into, I cleared out my wardrobe, looked at all the nice things that are ready to wear - just not with me in them. :( That was last November. I started exercising again - something I'd given up as I felt just too heavy, wobbly and tired. By 9 January I was down to 79 kg. Today I weighed in at 72.7 kg. Although the weight loss might not seem that much, the slow approach of 1 to 2 lb per week is the one that is most sustainable as it concentrates on losing fat whilst retaining muscles. In fact, I have put on about 2.5 kg in lean tissue since January. Since that's heavier than fat, it's made big difference in my size - I'm down from a very tight UK size 18 to a comfortable size 12.

The programme I'm following is Tom Venuto's Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle programme (you can find it online). The information made loads of sense, especially why conventional diets are doomed to fail and we end up putting the weight back on (often more) within about 2 years of coming off the diet. It's highly motivating (losing motivation is one of the biggest causes of falling off the wagon and piling on the pounds again after). Anyway, the book is well written, easy to understand and easy to implement. It's helped tremendously and if you are prepared to put in the effort, the results will surely come.

I use this website for tracking the cals on a plan directly based on my current body composition to ensure what I lose is body fat and not lean tissue (which needs about 30% more energy than fat just to 'live', hence uses up more cals even when doing nothing).

I admire anyone who goes for their goals in the battle of the bulge. So good luck ladies!!! (and gents if anyone joins) I hope you all reach your target weight.

As you can tell from all that rambling, this is my very first post. I normally just 'do my own thing' but felt I'd like to help if I can when I saw the post.

Once again, good luck everyone!! See you all on the slimmer side. :)
  • Taneil27
    Options
    Thank you all so very much for your support! You are amazing, and we can all reach our goals together!!

:flowerforyou:
  • erdbslaws
    erdbslaws Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am starting over again to. I never did get to goal but close. At first I log 25lbs, but I have gained back 20. I am new to MFP so anyone need friends we can do this together.:flowerforyou:
  • countryrayne
    Options
    It is so easy to gain the weight back! You can add me. I am starting over as well. Nine years ago I started my weight loss journey and lost a little over 100 pounds. Fast forward to today and I gained it all back and then some. The first time I lost my weight I did it by not eating and extreme excersising. I could not maintain that lifestyle so here I am trying again. This time I am working on losing the weight the right way!
  • Its_My_Time
    Its_My_Time Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You can do it..welcome back!!