HELLO

Options
HELLO ALL.
MY NAME IS MARA. I AM NEW TO THIS ALL. I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN OVER WEIGHT, BUT NOW MY HEALTH IS AT RISK. I MUST LOSE WEIGHT AND LOOSE IT FAST. SO IF ANYONE HAVE IDEAS AND CAN GUIDE ME IT WILL BE APPRECIATED.

Replies

• gettinfitmama
    gettinfitmama Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Loosing it too fast is HORRIBLE for your body.
    Plus when you loose it fast like that, there is more of a chance that you will put it all back on.

Slow and steady wins the race.

Good luck!
  • pange
    pange Posts: 82
    Options
    Congratulations on deciding to get healthy!! It's going to take a lot of will power. So, your first step is to figure out what will motivate you every day to eat well and exercise.

If you're new to healthy eating, your diet should be rich in whole grains (not processed bread products), fruits, vegetables, and lean meats. Cut out the snacks and the soda. Exercise for at least 30 minutes a day, 3 times a week. You can do it! We're all here for you!
  • AwesomeSmiles100
    Options
    :smile: Congrats on joining the community! I suggest getting a little exercise every day, every week and eating good portion sizes! Oatmeal with fresh fruit is great for bfast, crackers and cheese with yogurt for lunch, and beans and rice for dinner with a skinny cow bar for dessert! :smile:
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Actually, I'd suggest a few more vegetables than that.:glasses:
  • jnstriker
    jnstriker Posts: 5
    Options
    Hello to all of you and congradulations for making the decision like me to lose weight and reshape your body and reshape our minds to allow ourselves to lose weight and reshape or bodies. I have tried gimmick weight loss programs that would only work for a short period of time and just like a lot of us the weight came back. I quit smoking close to 4 months ago and my appetite took off and loaded up even more pounds . I then decided to go to a weight loss clinic and get the professional help know that i need to lose weight and keep it off, it was there that they introduced me to this website and it looks like it will provide with the additional support i will need to make this work. Best wishes to all that are sincerely attempting to lose weight and live healthier livestyles
  • newDZ
    newDZ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Welcome.

I'm so excited for the changes that are coming your way. I have been more successful since logging on this site than my YEARS in OA, Weight Watchers, NutriSystem, etc. Not saying those program don't work but I didn't work them. But believe you me I have been working this website and I've been benefiting.

The people of this site have been a tremendous resource and silent partners.

All the best to you.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is awesome. You will love it here if you don't already. I love it here. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: