I binged!

Options
i have been so good and i just BINGED BIGGGGG time on coffee cake! it tasted good but now i feel awful! i am so upset with myself i feel like i just undermined ALL my effort! can i ever kick this to the curb! i am so upset!
:grumble:

Replies

• Melissa_123
    Melissa_123 Posts: 115
    Options
    I did the same thing yesterday with S'mores. Here is the thing...it is already done with so forget it. Plus, I hear you are supposed to up your calories every once in awhile to boost your metabolism. Pretend that is what your doing, haha. I bet it is meant to be good food but too late for that. Just get back on track tomorrow. I cheated yesterday and I was very careful today and I will be for the rest of the week. :bigsmile:
  • sltoye
    sltoye Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I binged the other night too. Try not to be upset about it, and realize it happens once and awhile. I try to distract myself when the urge comes but sometimes you just can't and it's ok. You just have to try harder next time!
  • stormdragon777
    Options
    One time isn't gonna kill ya, assuming you're been vigilant otherwise. Besides, you're young so this one-shot of coffee cake isn't going to derail your efforts. You should be fine, again, assuming you've adhered to your program aside from the coffee cake.
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    time for some tough love dear:

it happens. get over it.

i know that sounds harsh, but i can speak from experience that wallowing in self-pity is not going to do anything for you. you messed up. it happens. forgive yourself. you're only human. pick yourself up and start again, right now. don't say i'll start over again tomorrow. do it right now. if you can, hit the gym, of not, then just focus even more tomorrow.

and i can also tell you that one time of eating too much coffee cake isn't what made you get here, and its not going to reverse all of your effort in one sitting.

like i said, forgive your mistake, and move on. and we're here for you if you need us,
    :heart: aisha
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Just like aisha said. "Get over it and move on".

Again not meant to sound harsh. But what makes us fat and fatter isn't one binge it is the binging to cover the guilt of binging and on and on for days, weeks, months that makes us overweight. Don't wait until tomorrow. Brush it off and work out tonight. You didn't hurt a thing by eating too much coffee cake. We have to change our thought pattern to ultimately be successful. We are in this for the long run.

Good Luck! :flowerforyou:
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I agree with all previous comments, but I would also try to figure out what triggered the binge and make a plan for dealing with this trigger if it happens again. That way you can learn something and be more in control.
  • FUZZBUZZ4
    FUZZBUZZ4 Posts: 334
    Options
    thank u so much for ur support!
    the tough love really helped!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • ziggycat
    ziggycat Posts: 27
    Options
    FuzzBuzz - i hope you are feeling OK about your binge today. It is done with now so try not to sress. Maybe drop your cals for a day or two to compensate and up your exercise a bit. This generally helps a bit.