brand name clothes....is it just me?!

Options
when i need new workout clothes i do like most people and i go to the store look for my new shorts, pants, shirts, hoodie, whatever in particular i need, so im goin through them all and i find a material i like and a style i like then look at the front of it and the entire garment is covered in an XL logo....i.e. a giant nike check or the huge the north face logo....i mean i cant find anything without huge logos on them? am i wrong cause i dont want to pay 50$(dont get me wrong im not complaing about price, thats a whole different topic,lol) AND be a giant walking advertisement? all i can think is that people want to use their clothes as a status symbol.....i just want something that fits nice i dont give 2 ****s what the people that see me running or biking think im wearing.....i like the brand name cause it fits better and usualy a little better quality(not always though) i just hate the big logos on them.

the real question, am i broken? or is society broken? sadly i think the answer is both....

Replies

• Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    For the most part i just have some comfy leggings and a tee and some shoes. But my husband has been buying me full name brand work out outfits. He gets adidas running shoes then a nice adidas outdit to go with it. Last weekend he got me a nike one! I think im getting spoiled cause i love them! But the pants keep falling off when im running so its not as ideal as the leggings are atm. I guess i need to downsize! I guess that would be called an annoying nsv! Cause i love them! But need a smaller size!
  • stormyous
    stormyous Posts: 157
    Options
    My mom wears the "band name stuff" I wear just anything really but do have a few nike shorts and tee.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    dunno where OP lives but Old Navy has lots of workout clothes that don't have giant logos.
  • Crimson_
    Crimson_ Posts: 60
    Options
    dunno where OP lives but Old Navy has lots of workout clothes that don't have giant logos.

Florida, ill try old navy, i havent thought about there thanks ^_^
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I wear mostly name brand stuff but refuse to wear a logo of any kind (super visible)..I think they are tacky!!!
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    My shorts tend to be adidas or nike, but more because that's who makes workout shorts.

T shirts are pretty much whatever I don't wear in civilised company any more get relegated to the workout pile.
  • athensguy
    athensguy Posts: 550
    Options
    Many of my workout shirts came from Target. Their C9 By Champion stuff usually has only one logo about the same size as you'd find on a polo shirt.

My Nike Running shorts usually only have a small check on the front. I guess Adidas is the most obviously branded clothing I own, with the big three stripes down the sides.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Seconding the Target brand clothes. Good quality, no logos. I just got a pair of nice running capris from Kohls (Fila brand), and the logo is on the waistband, so no one sees it. I too am not huge on logos.
  • RestartThisRight
    Options
    Lol I just love Nike...I don't where anything else to workout in (unless it's like a t-shirt or a hoodie, Although I do have Nike tees and hoodies xD) I don't know why, I just love there stuff, and if it's obvioulsy Nike, i.e. giant swoosh, I don't mind, in fact I tend to like it more. I think I may be strange, :)
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I wear mostly name brand stuff but refuse to wear a logo of any kind (super visible)..I think they are tacky!!!

Second that! The adidas and nike my husband got me, have a small like logo on the sleeve. Or the front of the shirt, very small and discrete!
  • carrie1013
    carrie1013 Posts: 129
    Options
    Society is definitely broken
  • KaciWood19
    KaciWood19 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    My shorts tend to be adidas or nike, but more because that's who makes workout shorts.

T shirts are pretty much whatever I don't wear in civilised company any more get relegated to the workout pile.

this for me too!
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    Academy has really nice stuff without the big logos. I tend to wear the cheap leggings with the good name brand bras only because they seem to wear better and last longer. and then i just look for a shirt i like brand logo doesn't really matter.
  • niknak30
    niknak30 Posts: 58
    Options
    Here in Australia it is near impossible to get workout clothes in any size above an XL so I have to go with what I can find. Best and Less and Big W which are probably similar type brands to Walmart sell stuff but it is boring and limited in range.
    One of my weight loss goals is to be able to buy something nice to train in that comes with a brand..... I am sure when that happens the big logos will bug me, but its a goal I am working towards....... one day :smile:
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    <
    CLEARANCE shopper! I don't really care as much for the brand as the PRICE lol I am still in COLLEGE STUDENT MODE...10+ years later
  • _Ren
    _Ren Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I agree. I don't even like wearing t -shirts with band names on them. It is a minimalist thing for me, but also, I don't want to be a walking advertisement.

I am kind of like Cayce Pollard from William Gibson's book Pattern Recognition.
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I like certain name brands because the quality really is great. But then I also wear some of my husbands tee's to the gym too. Neither DH or I like massive logo's. I think it's just kind of tacky. But I do have a super cute sports bra with a Nike swoosh on it but no one can see that. :)
  • bellaxero
    bellaxero Posts: 62
    Options
    Ugh they are EVERYWHERE. I just go to target or walmart, I mean they are workout clothes that are going to get nasty and stinky anyways so I dont really care where they are from, but yea Target has a pretty good line =]
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Ugh they are EVERYWHERE. I just go to target or walmart, I mean they are workout clothes that are going to get nasty and stinky anyways so I dont really care where they are from, but yea Target has a pretty good line =]

DH & I completely LOVE Target's Champion C9 line. They have awesome dry fit clothes for a decent price. Also Wal-Mart's Danskin (sp?) has some pretty good dry fit tank tops for a reasonable price. I found several on clearance last year for $2 a piece & they are moisture wicking. I loaded up!
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I hate the big logos too. I'm glad my preferred shirts only have the brand embroidered on them in the same color as the shirt.

JM