what's your goal weight if you are 5ft 4 inches?

Options

Replies

• kankan213
    kankan213 Posts: 105
    Options
    im 5'9 and im aiming towards 130-140

I think you're going to be WAY too skinny if you aim for that! :noway: I'm 5'7" and 149 and have almost everyone I know telling me I'm getting too thin and not to lose any more weight! So if you're 2 iches taller, you'd be a string bean at 130! :noway:

I am 5'8" and I looked great at 123. It depends on bone structure, some people look skeletal with 10 more lbs some look fluffy. Personal preference.
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and my goal weight is 135, but after I hit that I think I still would like to go down to 125?
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my goal is 150 but will decide from there if I want to get to 135.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and I am going by body fat %. My goal is to be at around 20% body fat. I got a caliper for $20 and it has really helped me figure out the ideal for me. Everyone is different and by finding out how much a person's lean body mass is and how much body fat they are carrying around, they can then figure out how much body fat they need to lose to be in a healthy range. Based on what I have read, unless you are an athletic woman, your body fat % should be between 20-25%.

That's almost exactly what a trainer told me the other day. He said not to go by weight on a scale, but to go by a normal, healthy range of body fat %.
  • megbar1979
    megbar1979 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and my original goal was 125. But I'm fluctuating between 116 and 118 and I'm happy! I haven't been losing - I plateaued, so I figure my body must be pretty happy here too.
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I Am 5 4 and my goal is 145. I do think that is going to be a good weight for me with my muscle that I got going on , :laugh:
    seriously though, that is what I think . And at that point I would have lost 170 lbs, so yeah, I think I will be happy with that!
  • hlola
    hlola Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi...I am new to the site and recently discovered I am 5'5'' , having been 5'6'' in my mind all these years....hahahahh! Any way, i am aming for 150.
  • incircles_lp2
    incircles_lp2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 5". My goal weight is 140. I have a heavy build though and 140lbs is an ideal weight for me. I have 25lbs to go still!
  • oldgreg
    oldgreg Posts: 5
    Options

I think you're going to be WAY too skinny if you aim for that! :noway: I'm 5'7" and 149 and have almost everyone I know telling me I'm getting too thin and not to lose any more weight! So if you're 2 iches taller, you'd be a string bean at 130! :noway:

You're a lot older than her...
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I'm in the 150's now (higher end) and in high school I was in the 140's. I think the lowest I got down to was 136 in high school. I would like to be in the 140's range (lower end) and then tone up from there. I've always had a decent size chest and I really don't want to lose that!

I am also in the 5'3 range.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

You're a lot older than her...

Please don't read a tone into this, but how does age play a part into a healthy body weight?
  • oldgreg
    oldgreg Posts: 5
    Options
    5'9", 130-140 on a late teens/early-mid 20s girl is NOT too thin. As you get older, your body carries weight differently.

Why am I even answering this question?
  • hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and went from 158 to 132 and have been told by people that I look too thin. I have a medium frame. It all depends on you body frame and how you look and feel. My goal was 135 , but decided to lose a few more pounds for insurance, and I would like to maintain a weight between 133-138. As to the age question, I know according to some of the weight charts, the older you are, the more weight you are allowed to carry. I don't know why. You would think it would be the opposite, wouldn't you?
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    5'9", 130-140 on a late teens/early-mid 20s girl is NOT too thin. As you get older, your body carries weight differently.

Why am I even answering this question?

Yes, why are you?
    3 posts. Joined this month. "Old Greg"

I asked because I agree with the original post.... 130 on a 5'9'' frame would more than likely look stick thin, not healthy.
  • hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    And by the way, I'm in that "older age group", so I'm not trying to be anti-age.
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 4" and when I was 22 I got down to 119 and my body held that for like a week! I was super tiny, size 2. Now I'm 32 and my goal is to be 130 or so but will decide as I go....I have two kids and can't put the time and effort it took to maintain 120-125. So I say a lot of it depends on your age. I know my weight looks WAY different on me after I had kids vs before :)
    Good luck and remember the most important thing is to be healthy & happy :)
  • ReyesOnFire
    ReyesOnFire Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and my goal is around 145. I wa there before I had my baby and it was a good weight for me. I think you just have to set a goal and be flexible on it. Your body will let you know when it is happy. I think as long as you are healthy, the scale shouldn't matter...

LAURYN1981-
    I know exactly what you mean about your body changing after having a baby! I have a 6-month-old and am struggling with the fact that my body is so different from pre-baby!
  • OhLaceyOh
    OhLaceyOh Posts: 30
    Options
    thanx i had no clue
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    im 5'4'' and im aiming for 125lbs
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and my goal is 140 lbs. When I get there, I may decide to try for 130-135 lbs. I think I would look way too skinny and unhealthy if I went below 130.