Medication

Options
I'm on a handful of different medications, i know some can potentially make you gain weight. Am I going to have to work harder because of these meds?!

Replies

• rkennedy39
    rkennedy39 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am on blood pressure medication and I thought my beta blocker would slow down my weight loss or make me gain weight. However it has not. I just make sure I watch what I am eating, stay within my calorie range and work out atleast 4-5 times a week doing cardio and strenght training. I do feel like my weightloss is slower, but I do not think it is because of the medication I am on.
  • rahonda28
    rahonda28 Posts: 43
    Options
    i would call and talk to your doctor or at least your doctors nurse and find out your side effects to all your meds Also tell them you are trying to loose wieght sometimes they can precribe you a different med that will do the same thing but without the wieght gain. Also because you are eating healthy make sure you know what foods to avoid with some meds you may be on. I have to do this sometimes with our clients thats why ITS EXTREAMLY IMPORTANT TO CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING ANY DIET OR EXERSISE PLAN not trying to be mean just looking out for all of you.
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Talk to your doctor and see if they can adjust your meds and put you on meds that won't cause you to gain. There are plenty alternatives for many different meds.
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    i would call and talk to your doctor or at least your doctors nurse and find out your side effects to all your meds Also tell them you are trying to loose wieght sometimes they can precribe you a different med that will do the same thing but without the wieght gain. Also because you are eating healthy make sure you know what foods to avoid with some meds you may be on. I have to do this sometimes with our clients thats why ITS EXTREAMLY IMPORTANT TO CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING ANY DIET OR EXERSISE PLAN not trying to be mean just looking out for all of you.

I know your not trying to be mean :]

I know there is only 1 food item I cant eat with my meds, WHICH I WISH I COULD, grapefruit!

As for changing my meds, this is NOT an option. My doctor has been tinkering with my meds for a long time now just to get me to where I am today, and be able to finally work again. I cant afford to switch my meds around and risk losing my job because of my medical problems. That being said, I think I will just have to try hard, exercise, stay under my calories and see how things go!

Thanks for the advice everyone :D