Lost 10lbs and see no difference.

Options
A month ago I weighed 180, today I weighed myself and I was at 170. But I see no difference at all. Not in the mirror, not in my clothes. Everything still fits the same and I have pictures from each month and I SEE NO CHANGE!!!!!!

I'm really mad and disappointed, but then again the scale says 170...Is this normal?

Replies

• Karrix
    Karrix Posts: 288
    Options
    I'm sure there is a difference, should post the pictures!
  • aiyana1228
    aiyana1228 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Be patient young padawan learner...
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    You see yourself everyday...you really won't notice a difference (to yourself) until you lose about 2 pant sizes IMO! I am sure there is a difference, but you are just not picking it up.
  • Barbwhitmore
    Options
    I was the same way! I was like really? I started at 178 when I got to 168 no one had said a word. Then all of a sudden my second chin fell off LOL. People started asking if I changed my hair! I am now down to 164 and I see it big time. Just had to go get new bras from a 42DD to 38D and can get into some size 10 jeans. Today is the first time I have taken measurements. I hope I did it right. Stick with it you are right on the cusp!!!!
  • Javelin3o4
    Javelin3o4 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I've lost around 45lbs but because I see myself every day to me I look the same maybe my face/neck thinner. But to me I feel I look the the same. I have co-workers noticing, but I don't ask them what they notice.
  • jedixerren22
    Options
    HAHA!! Yes, master.
  • jedixerren22
    Options
    I added new pictures if you wanna see. The new ones are the ones where I'm wearing shorts.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    There's a saying, "It takes 4 weeks for you to notice your body changing, 8 weeks for your friends to notice, and 12 weeks for the rest of the world to notice." Be patient and give it 12 weeks. Losing 10 pounds is a great start and you should be proud and pumped up to lose more!
  • tina219
    tina219 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I went and looked at your pictures. I see more definition in the middle -- an hour glass figure is emerging. Keep up the good work.:smile:
  • Bif425
    Bif425 Posts: 2
    Options
    I see a difference! I agree with tina219, your waist is more defined and your stomach is thinner around the middle. Definitely an hour glass figure emerging.

Keep at it! You've done so well so far!! And remember, you are your biggest critic, so it's always harder for you to see the changes.

Edited to add: I realise that "your waist is more defined" and "your stomacher is thinner in the middle" sound like the same thing. What I meant was, from the front on your waist is more defined so that you really have an hour glass going on and that from the side your stomach has lost some width. So while I guess that is all technically "waist" I saw it as two different things.
  • jfl613
    jfl613 Posts: 71
    Options
    I too agree with tina219. I also see an hourglass waistline emerging!! Keep up the good work! Also, I am down 11 lbs and don't see much of a difference but I will keep on keepin on. :-)
  • jedixerren22
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the encouragement!!! <3
  • moonlightdrive
    Options
    It will definitely be showing a difference soon enough. Congratulations on losing so much, keep up the good work! :)
  • hk2008
    hk2008 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I also agree with tina219. I see a difference. You are doing great! Keep it up.