NSV - Food Victory!

Options
Im_NotPerfect
Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
Kind of a food victory for me today..I forgot my breakfast and water cup at home today. So instead of hitting McD's or Panera (which frankly didn't even cross my mind surprisingly), I decided to eat the oatmeal muffin and apple I brought as snacks. Then I stopped at a gas station for a bottle of water to refill. Actually eating LESS calories for breakfast than I would have and I feel better for not succuming to a "quick" fix breakfast!

I've only been on MFP a week but I'm really loving it! Weight loss has been a constant struggle for me my entire life, but as I get older, I realize how easy it really is to eat healthy!

Replies

• MooseComa
    Options
    Good job! Keep it up, those are the smart food decisions that can be difficult to make sometimes.
  • Llstemmer
    Llstemmer Posts: 10
    Options
    Good for you! I have had similar experiences and I am always so proud of myself for not giving in to the "quick fix". I can't even stand the thought of eating at a fast food place anymore. :)
  • rednblack84
    Options
    It's all about the choices we make. Congrats on your victory! It's important to find small victories and try not to focus on the weight alone :)
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Excellent choices! Every day is a chance to make good ones.
  • littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You made really good choices. :)
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I am making small changes like that too and each time I give myself a pat on the back. It's all about gradual changes that create a new lifestyle. I have found after about 2 months, if I eat something I am not used to anymore, my body lets me know that was a bad idea. I've also noticed if I take a few days off from working out (walking, 30DS, or whatever) I feel like crap and need to get out.

Great job!!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Great victory! Welcome to the site!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!