Not sure what to eat anymore

Options
im a 48 male and try to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
I workout daily (5days/wk) for aprox 1 hour. Im gaining weight but eating less!
HELP!

Replies

• jbcharles
    jbcharles Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    what kind of work out are you doing?
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    If you make your food diary public, we can take a look and see what's up. You may not be eating enough. How much do you weigh? How tall are you?
  • Rachelito
    Rachelito Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    It would probably be more helpful to open up your food diary so we can see what you are eating.
  • formerfattie0632
    Options
    You need to eat MORE. Had the same problem, gained a steady 1 to 2 pounds a month for 2 years. Dietitian put me on the right path 15 pounds down and more to go good luck!!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    When did you start this workout?
    How intense is it?
    You know, there are some workouts - especially more intense ones, where you can gain and hold weight for several weeks after you start. Your muscles hold the extra fluid in your body to repair the muscles. After your body adjusts to your new routine, you begin to lose the weight. I have gained over 10 pounds when starting some workouts and held it for over a month and then had it all drop plus some very quickly. Without more details, it is hard to know your situation.
  • Pinkmaddycat
    Pinkmaddycat Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    your profile says you are female..... if you are following MFPs advice for calorie intake then its probably way out if they are basing it on your being a woman if you are actually as your initial post indicates a man!!
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Since you don't give much info I cam only guess that you aren't eating enough. Most people that join this site want to starve themselves. If you would open your diary and give more info about yourself we could be more help. Best of luck to you.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,238 Member
    Options
    We need a lot more information. As stated without your food diary being open we can't really comment on what you eat. Some other questions that need answering are:

How do you measure your food? Estimates tend to be wrong, and can add a bunch of calories very quickly
    Are you sure the foods you are eating and logging here are accurately entered in the database? If an entry has a * beside it that means it was entered by another user, and some of them are incorrect, sometimes very incorrect.
    What sort of exercise are you doing?
    When did you start doing that exercise?
    Have you substantially increased the intensity level of that exercise in the last week of so?
    What is your day to day life like outside of your exercise in terms of activity?
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Do you have a food scale to make sure your portion size is correct.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Based on the information you provided, I can tell you that you are definitely either eating too much food, or not enough food. There's also the distinct possibility that you are greatly overestimating your exercise calories, or maybe greatly underestimating your exercise calories.

I can also tell that your food choices are either actually quite good, or maybe very poor, based on the information provided.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Based on the information you provided, I can tell you that you are definitely either eating too much food, or not enough food. There's also the distinct possibility that you are greatly overestimating your exercise calories, or maybe greatly underestimating your exercise calories.

I can also tell that your food choices are either actually quite good, or maybe very poor, based on the information provided.

I would also add that based on the information you provided, you may be eating too many carbs, or too few carbs. Or perhaps you need to exercise more, or less. Drink more water! (or less water!).