NSV - Mountain Bike Race

Options
redhd_n_nc
redhd_n_nc Posts: 21 Member
I am an avid mountain biker, but I am not competitive. Most of my rides last around 2 hours. I decided to enter in a 6 hour endurance race with a friend. We managed to ride around 5 hours. We rode the whole race together and had a blast. I had no idea I had 5 hours of riding in me! We came in 3rd/4th (she was 4 seconds faster than me). I feel like I've accomplished something. Now thinking about doing another one, but this time actually compete for better a better time/mileage.

Replies

• quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Well done, congrats! Go for it!
  • coreykantola
    Options
    Good for you ! enduros are hard! I race mountain and road, i have never done an enduro but you must of have a good riding partner. Now you know you can do it, nothing will stop you ! MuHahahahahahaha
  • redhd_n_nc
    redhd_n_nc Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Our riding skills compliment one another. She is faster than I am, but I have better endurance and technical skills. We encourage one another. She is a a great riding partner. Now that we know we can you do it, you are right, nothing can stop us! so time to step up our game. The next race is in two weeks! I think I prefer the lapped races though. There is one coming up this summer we plan to compete in... against one another. That will be interesting!

Good luck with your races Corey!

Thanks for the support everyone!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!