What gives? No results it seems.

Options
I've been on here for the past couple of months, tracking what I eat and all. I've been working out 4 days a week since I started this as well. I do a cardio/strength training high intensity interval class 2 days a week and then a basic aerobics class the other two days. I ride horses the 5th day, which if anyone here rides, you KNOW that's a work out. I pretty much relax the weekends as far as exercise, but I still eat right (1200 calories a day). I'm still active on the weekends, I just don't go to the gym. I started out around 127 I believe, I'm 5'4" with a more substantial, athletic build. I was at my lowest weight of 117 when I played high school soccer and we ran all the time. I'm almost 20 now though, in college full time. I eat the right things mostly, as far as nutrition goes and I control my portions as well. I have not lost any poundage at all, and I know that could be due to me losing fat but gaining muscle, but it still doesn't make sense to me. I feel like I'm just a little bit more toned in my arms and abs, but I can't really tell otherwise.
I don't know what else to do! I barely have time to do what I do now because I'm so busy with school, so I doubt I can add any more to my schedule. I just want to see results! I have sort of figured out what kind of exercise benefits my body the best, and I'm doing it too. Just not really seeing much from it. Any advice??

Replies

• chuckles217
    chuckles217 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You're at a BMI of 21.8

You have no reason to lose weight. If you're looking to tone and muscle gain, you need to be eating at least your BMR and maybe then some otherwise you will never gain muscle.

You need some body fat...
  • Tourney3p0
    Tourney3p0 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Your problem is that you're not eating your exercise calories. You're eating 1200 calories a day and burning off probably 500 on your cardio days. Your body thinks very limited amounts of food are available and your metabolism has dropped to horde what little net energy it is receiving. Combine this with the fact that you're right in the middle of a healthy weight already and are trying to move to the low end of healthy weight, dropping pounds is going to be incredibly difficult.

You mentioned that you consume 1200 calories a day. Track the calories you burn when you exercise. If you burn 400 calories, eat 400 more calories for a grand total of 1600. Just be aware that it will take awhile for your body to realize that it isn't starving and for your metabolism to get back to a normal level. During this transition period, the extra calories are going to be horded and you will gain weight.
  • ceceliabelle824
    Options
    I forgot to mention the fact that I DO eat back my exercise calories, maybe not every single last one but I do eat most of them back. I want to be toned more than anything, not necessarily drop 10 pounds.
  • jbakerak
    jbakerak Posts: 76
    Options
    My lowest weight is 115, but I am just as thin as 115 when I have more muscle and weigh about 136. My goal right now is to be my 115 thin with my 136 muscle. Hope that helps. I've been at it for about a month and a half and not really losing much weight (pretty much where I was 3 days after starting), but my measurements get smaller each week. Do you just want to be thin? Or thin and more shapely/strong?
  • ceceliabelle824
    Options
    I'd like to be thin but more toned. I'm already fairly slim for my body type, I'm more of an athletic build with bigger thighs and calves (12 years of playing soccer...).
  • ceceliabelle824
    Options
    Here are some pictures for reference: (sorry if they're GIANT!!!)

Summer of 2009, this was probably when I was in the best shape. That year of soccer, we had coaches that made us run long distance almost every day.
    8827_1252076107011_1382778381_30720538_5724217_n.jpg

Summer of 2012, please excuse the goofy pose...
    IMG_1861.jpg

I just want to get my legs back toned like they were, and my tummy flatter/toned as well.