New to everything- so need help!

Options
HI everyone,

I'm very new to MFP- and dieting and getting fit! I'm lazy and i know I am...but i really want to change and I will do anything to do so! So i've made an account on here, and i'm determined to make this work! Infact, I am going out and buying a new sports bra and trainers for the occasion! I could really do with some advice about the best sports bras (i'm a 34F-I'm a big busted gal so a good one is needed!) and trainers that are supportive! I have weak ankles and any time i try to do a bit of running i end up in a heap on the floor!

Advice please :)

Thanks so much
Taylor

P.s I could also do with some extra support my friends don't believe i can do this! Please add me :) (wow i wish that didn't sound so desperate!)

xxx

Replies

• txsgirlK
    txsgirlK Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Well I know nothing about sports bras as I could go completely without and be just fine, lol. But I know all about lazy and needing motivation. So I'm going to send you a friend request! MFP rocks and helps you stay on your game. Track, track, track!! :smile:
  • talorK
    talorK Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks Kimberbass :)

Congrats on losing 26lbs :) I hope this is me in a few weeks!!
  • philco41
    philco41 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Can't help you with the sports bra, but stay honest with yourself and MFP. Record everything you eat and your exercise, be accurate with quantities. Eat healthy foods (MFP will help you keep track,) and you will succeed. I find keeping careful track not only keeps me honest, but provides real motivation. Good luck!
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    Feel free to add me, um sry cant help with the sports bra, but i do come offering lots of motivation. As for the weak ankles, i would suggest start off slow, just start walking. Then increase that pace over time, as u get stronger, start with some light jogging and go up from there. Also maybe look into some weight training, build up the muscles in your legs to help support your ankles. Finally, this is the time to improve those friends wrong. They r just jealouse that you r trying ro make yourself better, and maybe make them look worse as well. Maybe they dont want to work out, and if u go off and get in shape, then they will feel obligated to do something as well. They will come around, just focus on u, this is for u not for anyone else.
  • iamshawnalee
    Options
    I'm new too. Taylor, you sound just like me:) I am so tired of being achy, waking up achy, going to bed achy, spending all day being achy. I need help too. My family is supportive of me...but they tend to complain very loudly when they get cravings. My husband has the dairy craving, and my one son craves breads. We all have decided to try paleo. I just get tired of the food prep. My day already starts at 5am... Anyway, I need to quit whining. I am here for support, because I am great at starting things, but never finishing them. I need support from others who are in the same shape as me, those that have improved, and those that are eating the same as me. I promise to wake up every morning committed to this lifestyle change. Anybody with me?
  • talorK
    Options
    WIth you.... I just hope I can keep it up! I get to the first couple of weeks then get sloppy and lazy! grrr
    :)
  • littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :) On the sports bra definitely look for one that says it is for "High Impact". Even if you don't plan on doing anything high impact right now it will give you more support. Some brands actually have them so that there are 2 separate cups more like a normal bra and those tend to be more supportive also. Under Armor makes some really nice ones, they are kind of spendy but well worth it. They give you the support you need and hold up well. I would personally stay away from the ones that zip down the middle, I would worry about the zipper rubbing and I have also seen them them "stick" a lot.

Good luck in everything. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like too. :)
  • RumOne
    RumOne Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/512315-large-girl-on-top

Read this for advice on sports bras for large chested girls. You can do this! Just don't stop!
  • akm4108
    akm4108 Posts: 7
    Options
    I would worry about the exercise more than the sports bra.

I would try to do some light weighted exercises daily.

Some body squats, dumbell squats, dumbell lunges etc.

If you have weak ankles, then consider a stationary bike, or eliptical.

30-45 minutes of cardio a day + a low calories diet will do you wonders!
  • stephkuch
    stephkuch Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    You can definitely do this! Feel free to add me :)
  • talorK
    Options
    wow thanks- ok this sounds awful what is an eliptical? I've never heard of it before?
  • kimharrod
    kimharrod Posts: 27
    Options
    Feel free to add me. :)
  • Three0fDiamonds
    Options
    I too am very "voluptuous" lol :P I do have a hard time finding sports bras that fit. I actually found mine at Olympia Sports, so you might want to try there! :) I DO believe you can do this because you have taken the first step to losing weight by creating an account on MyFitnessPal. As far as the running, I can't run because my legs try to go in one direction, and my knees try to go another, so it doesn't work for me. What I do instead is either use an eliptical machine, which is a much more fluid movement with less impact stress, or ride a bike, or just walk at a faster pace. Do you have a dog? Go for a brisk walk with your pal - s/he will help to motivate you to keep going because, let's face it, dogs are tireless! I have also had a hard time finding an exercise routine that I can stick to easily, which obviously makes weight loss a lot more difficult. Last week I bought a few yoga and pilates DVDs and I LOVE it so much! I do my yoga every morning (and sometimes at night if I feel up to it), and I already feel so much stronger in my abs, back, and legs. Just try a variety of different things, and find what works for you! :)
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, too!

I've heard lots of great things about the Enell - but haven't popped yet because I'm a little poor right now - so I just layer 2 medium sports bras over my 38-Fs. Yeah, that's fun :wink: And I'm back to MFP and re-new to my gym, because I was out of state for 3 years, so I'm new all over again! We can definitely learn together - and MFP is great!
  • dspencesr
    Options
    Llama's first thing ni the morning?

It's going to be a nice day :) make it a good one every1;)
  • herfi01
    herfi01 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi there - Congrats for joining. The accountability is very eye-opening on this site and I love it. The past week I have actually foind it very very easy to use (I have the all on my iphone too). Stick with it and you'll learn so much about portion control.
    On the topic of sports bras - I'm a little big on the top (34dd) so I NEVER buy those standard jog bras. I need more support and the best bras I have found - which are suitable for high impact and running - are the Moving Comfort Maia bras.
    Here is the link on Amazon which has a pretty selection:
    http://www.amazon.com/Moving-Comfort-Womens-Maia-White/dp/B001B1RPYQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1331561446&sr=8-2
    Remember it should be snug to keep the "girls" tame.

Good luck with your journey. You CAN do this!!
    Fina/New York
  • talorK
    Options
    Thanks so much! I don't have a dog... but i do love going for walks! Hopefully with some motivational music...I will go more often :) Thanks for the tips!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Best sports bra for large breasted women: http://www.enell.com/
  • angella_zumba
    Options
    I am not that busty.. but I do not like for my boobs to move at all when I am working out so I wear my normal bra and a sports bra on top of that.. (that's just me)... and as far as the shoes make sure you get a least 1 size bigger and then put some insoles in them for extra support. Make sure its a cross trainner shoe... asics, nike, new balance... brooks..

Good luck!
  • hippie162
    hippie162 Posts: 19
    Options
    I'm afraid I don'y know much about bras either, I wasn't blessed.

I would start your excersise with calisthenics.. (squats, lunges etc) that way you can burn alot of calories while toning and it will be easier than jumping straight into running. There is a Nike fitness app which is really good for this, its free and plays your music while training you with instructions & pictures.

Don't put yourself down if you can't go for long at first, your fitness will increase really quickly!

Good luck!