T.H.E (Trying Hard Everyday) Team ~ WEEK 24~ Welcome!

Options

Replies

• Lorann
    Lorann Posts: 107
    Options
    Ok I have a little problem ... I went and finally bought a new pair of runners (expensive) and silly me I walked for an hour the first time I wore them and now I have this huge blister on my foot... I can't even put on a shoe... any suggestions on how I can still walk, I was thinking of wearing my crocks but I'm afraid I might hurt my feet or legs. What do you all think?
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Lorann - sorry about your problem. They do make special band-aids for blisters - don't know if they help or not

Cyndeebee and Sheila - I tried adding you on Facebook and I couldn't find you. I will be on all night talking with my daughter. I did add Debbie but of course she hasn't accepted yet.

I did good on my exercising today and working on 32 more ounces of water to bring it to 96 ounces.
  • Lorann
    Options
    thank you indiana ... I will look for those, I did end up walking using my crocks but I only walked for 40 minutes at a slower pace... I didn't want to risk getting shin splints or hurting my feet. You can add me on facebook as well Lori Hall Snifeld ... only one there :smile:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    i have to tell you something funny, guys. i posted on my facebook today about how my priorities must be messed up if i thought seeing my parents this year and having them meet their grandchildren was more important than central air.... i was being funny... guess who joined facebook today and added me as a friend? my 85 yr old mom... sheesh!! never thought in a million years she'd have heard of facebook, much less joined!

i imagine i'm going to hear about that comment the entire time we're there... :embarassed:
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    adopt4 - you just never know WHO is reading facebook, lol.

I am struggling to exercise this week but the food seems to be ok. I am having stomache cramps a lot. Not sure what's that's about. Always something to struggle with.:ohwell:

Take heart all you waterlogged, I too felt your pain after increasing my water intake to 10 glasses/day. My body adjusted in about a week to 10 days. Now I feel bad if I DON'T drink that much.

I'm counting the days until the weekend - we are going to the lake for 4 days. I'm going to try watersliding with my 3 yr old. Should be interesting!!!
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Good Morning

Sheila and Cyndeebee - I am friends with Debbie and LI4G so go there and send me a friend request please. I have tried everything to find you.

Adopt4 - loved your facebook story. I imagine with my sister being on there I will be paying the price for many things I say

Well I have pulled an all nighter off and on talking with my daughter while she works. Her husband got home for two weeks and she had about three hours sleep. So I was here to help her throught he night.. Got in 32 ounces water. but missed my early morning exercises - well the fingers got the exercising.

talk more later
  • prayerfulmom
    prayerfulmom Posts: 409
    Options
    Sooo busy. Hosting the house guests from H-e double hockey sticks. Never was asked just showed up for 9 days. This happens several times a year. Stresses me out to the hilt.

Not sure if I mentioned I did the 6 mile run portion of a triathlon relay last weekend. Managed 52 miles so far this week and got a run in. Probably won't make my goal of 100 this week. Shooting for at least 63-75.
    Miss ya all. Will catch up soon.
  • adopt4
    Options
    prayerful, being a good Christian doesn't mean let people walk all over you. tell the person next time you need advance notice if they would like to visit, and you will let them know if it is convenient for your family at that time. seriously. don't let someone be rude to you, even family.

really fighting the working out thing. got up thinking i would work out, then realized i have an appt and can't work out after dropping the boys off (wasn't up early enough to do it before dropping the boys off at camp) so now i'm showered and dressed and once i'm showered i dont' want to work out. so i am going to have to force myself tonight to go.

walking on the sidewalk that mile to the car and back made my hips hurt, so think i'll stick with the treadmill from now on.

for awhile there i could have the jelly belly jelly beans around and i would eat half a serving or sometimes a whole serving, a few times a week or less. suddenly now though i am eating too many of them and so out they go. it's strange that for a long time i could control it and not even be tempted, and now i'm totally tempted so they have to go away. same thing with my frozen chocolate bar that spent 5 mos in my freezer before i was tempted. the only reason i got into those jelly beans is i do the mixed flavors and i would eat them individually, identifying the flavor, they are chewy and so take longer to eat, etc. i need a chewy snack that i can eat, you know, like licorice type chewy, that is better for me! any ideas?
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    prayerfulmom...I totally agree! Tell your "drop-in" guests that this is the last time you can accomodate unexpected visits.
    Hmmm...I'm wondering. Do they have kids? Do you have kids? Might try what my niece did once (only in her case, it was true). Her sister and family "dropped by," and got quite comfortable. Looked like they were going to stay f-o-r-e-v-e-r...But then one of Hostess Niece's kids got head lice...
    Holy cow. You never saw people scramble so fast to get out the door...

adopt4...I found a Baskin-Robbins candy in the local grocery store. It was chewy. Naturally, it's got artificial sweeteners and such, but it will take care of the candy craving, if you can find it.

I'm having a bad day. I have a dream of being a homeowner someday...
    I spied a real estate ad for a mobile home. Seemed to be in my price range. It wasn't a big place...certainly not the Ritz. But I really want to be able to open my door, walk outside, sit in MY yard, plant a few tomatoes...Currently, I live on the second floor. I'd give just about anything to have an outdoors available to me (and don't suggest I go to a park unless you want to see my wrath...)
    I paint, paper, install new floors...everywhere I go. I make every place I live in "my home," but I'm sorely sick and tired of fixing other people's homes up for them. I want to decorate my own home...my way...

So I called to set up an appointment to view it. 7 tonight. But then the agent called back, and she said they'd taken it off the market. Seems they can't afford to sell it and move somewhere else.
    I can't believe how upset it made me...

And then on top of that, I had to go for an appointment to review my Disability application. I have to do this every 3 months, until a decision is made. Anyway, it costs me $6 each way, for a taxi. I went, they talked to me for less than 5 minutes, said regulations had changed, and now I only have to see them every 6 months. So...Now I'm sad...and mad...and $12 poorer.

I think I'll spend the rest of the day on the couch...pouting and grumbling...
  • Buttonnose
    Buttonnose Posts: 76
    Options
    Hi everyone....really struggling this week. Just don't have the drive to go forward, not sure quite why...but it will come back I promise. Maybe not sleeping well has something to do with it. I keep waking up with pain around 4 Am...and then struggle till 6 AM when I finally give in and get up.
    Anyways, going to give myself a good talking to and kick myself in the butt and get back on track. Went grocery shopping today and purchased some low calorie chocolate bars, ice cream and chips...so maybe that will help with the calories. Then just time to get back to exercise...wish the weather would co-operate there...been pretty gloomy the past couple of days. I like going for walks..it really helps me a lot...but been wet out there for that.
    Anyways...Cindy - stay strong and positive and put a picture up on your fridge of a home to remind you of your goal.
    Also, email me soon will ya...haven't heard from you in a bit.

Everyone else...again Stay Strong - take care all.

Button
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    Hey guys. I'm doing ok with the food. I've been slacking with exercise because I worked today and I work tomorrow and Friday... If I work out on the days that I work, I'm way too tired... I burn so many calories and then I just do some strength training. I'm drinking my water. I have a water bottle that I refill many times a day and I keep it with me. That's about it.

I have facebook too.

Kelly Gausman
    My picture is my daughters face up close.
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Wooooo hoooooo! I'm so excited ~ I got a full time job and I start tomorrow morning! It is a professional position and I will be able to use my talent and experience in writing and public speaking! I am so relieved I can NOT even express it and feel like this is going to make such a positive difference in my life! (remind me of that when I have the inevitable bad day and complain about my job!)

I was trying on all my dress clothes - determining what I need for my work wardrobe - and was VERY pleasantly surprised to find that many of my slacks are too big and that I can fit into most others that were too small! Most of my blouses are much looser but not yet too big - still, felt good to not have to squeeeeze into my clothes!

Water in today ~ about 75 ounces ~ and I've already packed my lunch for tomorrow including my water bottle. I am definately feeling good getting most of my water in- and will make every effort to keep it up at work:drinker:

okay, for struggling teamies ~ foooccuuuuus, fooooccuuuus..... it's not even the dog-days of summer yet folks ~ don't let the heat get the best of you! It's okay to sweat a little more, just make sure you hydrate!

prayerful ~ h-e-double-hockey-sticks:laugh: I haven't heard that in years! Too funny.

k, gotta get to bed at a decent hour - I'm a workin' girl again!
    later gaters
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Lisa I added you on facebook the second I signed on and saw your request and I sent you suggested friends of all the gasl here that I have a friend. That should have given you cyndeebee,adopt,swig, and lori. Hopefully you will find us all again. I don't know how to end you suggetions again. Othoe of you who want to find lia look on my friends list and add her.

LuLu wonderful news!!!! I am so happy for you. I've noticed that li4g hasn't been around much since she started work, hope you don't disappear. BUt good luck and enjoy your new job.

Adopt I would die if my mom got online. She takes everything I say now and twist it so that she take offense to everything. I would never get to post anything.

Prayerful you need to stand up for yourself. What does your husband think? The only thing I can think to do require lying and that isn't good either LOL

Cyndeebee I am with you on wanting to own my own place. I rent my house from my boss. Not only do I have to work with the man I have to put up with him as a land lord. I am lucky enough to live in a house and not an apartment anymore but it isn't mine. I've paid close to $100,000 in rent to him and I own nothing!

I've not been motivated all week. I've barely logged. Not walked since Saturday. BUt I am looking forward to being with all my family this next few days at the beach. I am almost packed. I just need to pack the cold food in the cooler in the morning and head out. I just need to get up and clean up a little and get the garbage out for trash day.

Going to go stay with my mom tomorrow and go to the caisno with her. We're going to celebrate her birthday tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a good weigh in and a good weekend and I will see you all Tuesday night.
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Lulu - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you. Hope you excitement for your job never ever goes away. I am like CraztbeeRX, I am glad you got a job but I hope you don't disappear from here too. I miss everyone, everyone.

CrazybeeRX - you have a good time while you are gone and when you get back you get busy and get back to logging. We can do this. It is important to our health.

Pawprint - I should be adding you to my friends on Facebook. There was only one Kelly Gausman when I search so I took it.

I have been horrible this week - HORRIBLE. I near to get my rear in gear and get busy. TOM IS DUE IN TODAY OR SOON - I can feel that and I am guessing I have gained but clothes still fitting the same even the new pair I just bought last Sunday. I bought them tight so to motivate me as to lose 10 more pounds. My goal for today is 90 ounces water and change my exercise routine and figure out my food for a week. I can do this - I can do this. I was down to 20 pounds at one time. I don't want to gain whatever I have already lost. So I will be busy today GETTING BACK ON TRACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Lorann
    Options
    Good morning team :flowerforyou:

I've been doing pretty good this week, staying within calories and drinking lots of water ... I'm not walking as much as I would like because of the blister on my foot, but at least I'm still doing it :smile: Today is going to be hard, I have so much to do to get ready for tomorrow and then for the weekend the only exercise I'll be getting is swimming.... hopefully it will be a lot.

Lulu - CONGRATS Girl!! That is wonderful news!! :flowerforyou:

Crazybee - you have a wonderful time with the kids and we'll talk to you on Tuesday :smile:

Iniana - You can do it!!!! Just like you said to Crazybee "We can do this. It is important to our health" Just remember that :smile:

Pawprint - I've added you to facebook, at least I think I did :happy: keep up the good work!

Buttonnose - have you tried the Leslie Sansome Walk at Home video? I like it a lot, you can do it anytime, it doesn't matter what the weather is like. I've bought the 1, 2 & 3 miles from Wal-Mart for $5

cyndee - same as me ... still renting and would love to own my own home. Someday! Good luck to you in finding one!! :flowerforyou:

Well I'm off ... lots to do today, I will check in tomorrow but then I'm gone til Sunday night. Have a great weekend all!!
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Good Morning Team,

I have meet a new girl on here and i have invited her to come check out our wonderful team her name is Momma2four....

Congrats LuLu on the new JOB!!! that is so exciting!!!!

Li4g- how is you new JOB going??? hope all is well...

Kristi - what has happened to you???? where are you??? We all Miss you sooooooooooooooooo Much...Come back !!!!!!!!

Lisa - I have sent you a friend request on Facebook as well I hope its you!!!!

well have to run got a dr. appt this morning for a check up I will check back later....

sheila
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    Lulu – congrats, congrats on the job! So glad your wardrobe is ready to back to work too! Enjoy being busy and “productive”.

IG – great goal setting. You ARE going to get on track, you're here aren't you? Our bodies go through cycles but if we stay on track as much as possible, the body will follow and show the results. Don’t let me borrow that slipper!!!!! Trying hard every day, that’s what counts.

As for posting --- many of us joined around the same time and are either A: getting tired and need new motivation from the newbies or B: have fallen off the wagon and need to come back. And C: its summer holiday time and several are away from the computer but doing great. Hang in there gang. There will always be a few here to keep the fire going.
  • adopt4
    Options
    lulu - yeah on the job! good for you!

I've been doing good on my water the past few days and stayed under cals yesterday, but went over the two days before, so it's not like I'm on a roll yet. Apparently haven't been eating enough fiber, feel kind of naseous this morning. Yuck. Eating my nutrigrain waffles for breakfast and hoping that's good enough to not make me feel sicker.

I might just have caught something too, it may not be related to what I"m eating. Last night it got cool - which i love - and i was under 2 blankets with the windows open. one blanket is really warm. and i was cold! freezing cold! and yet the room wasn't THAT cold...hubby didn't have any blankets on all night. just what i need - to get sick and go visit my ailing father. if i didn't have bad luck, i'd have no luck at all!!

although i haven't been officially exercising, i make sure to walk a lot during the day, going to the mall or whatever and just walking around. so i am exercising in that sense, i usually don't log it unless i've been doing it for over an hour, and then i log an hour of it. so i guess that does count as exercise, it's just not strenuous. was supposed to meet losingit and her friend at another gym for swim aerobics last night - then our mini series came on and we watched it live instead of taping it - and totally forgot about swimming. oops.
  • Buttonnose
    Buttonnose Posts: 76
    Options
    Hey everyone...really having a problem getting on track this week. I know I keep saying that and I think it is more for me then you guys. LOL Anyways...hope you are all doing better than me.

Just thought I would stop in and say "HELLO".

Cindy - let me guess - her name wouldn't happen to start with a "D" would it. :laugh:

Buttonnose
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    HA HA HA...Button...
    How did you know? It's funny. We've always been competetive. Could be because we're exactly 11 months (to the day!) apart in age. And...I'm the older one. So if I get back to my normal weight, maybe that feels like a threat? I don't know...

I'm doing well with the food this week, not too bad on the water. Need to exercise more, though. But right now, I'm going through a serious funk. Very strange. I sort of swing between mini depression and borderline rage. And what the heck is up with that, eh? Anyway, I made sure to pick up my Stresstabs today, since I'd run out a few days ago. Also made a Dr. appointment because I have to get myself in check. Mostly, I'm trying to avoid stress. The littlest things seem to set me off right now. Sheesh...

So happy, Lulu, about the new job. I can relate to how it feels to get a real "professional" job. My last job, in Grande Prairie, was as a Counselor and Outreach Co-ordinator at a Youth Shelter. I was on Cloud Nine when I got that job. Unfortunately, even with a good salary, I couldn't afford to live in GP, but that's okay. I'm quite content living back home, in a small town. But wishing you the best, and I'm sure you'll be good at whatever you set your mind to.

Have fun on holidays, Debbie. Bring us all back a T-shirt...kidding.

Talk to everyone later. I'm going to go and spend 10 minutes on the bike, to prep myself for weigh-in tomorrow. And then I'm going to sit on the couch, knit, drink water...