Saw myself from someone else's eyes - NSV!

Options
So...I guess I didn't realize that I still sort of see myself as the XXL "me." I don't think that's unusual for people who are losing weight. But over the wekeend, I got a glimpse of myself from someone else's perspective and it was WONDERFUL!

I went Saturday to sign up for a 5K. The man that was helping me asked what size shirt size I'd want - and before I could answer he offered, "Medium?" I hesitated - I was actually thinking that he was humoring me. So he said he'd go grab a medium so I could see what it looked like. When he came back he held up the medium (and still, I was thinking there's no way in hell I'm fitting into that shirt). Then he said - God bless him - that he brought another shirt. So here's where I thought he'd hand me a large. But no...he brought a SMALL! I actually laughed. I told him I'd take the small for my daughter and that I'd need a large for myself.

But guess what? When I got home and tried on the large, it was TOO BIG! I tired my daughter's size small and it was snug - just a bit too snug for my taste - so the medium would have been a perfect fit.

But it gave me the chance to stop and think about how far I've come. When I started running, I'd take the largest size shirt possible. Now I think I'll be clearing out my XXL and XL tshirts that I've been holding on to and make room for the larges and mediums! This really just blows me away and gives me motivation to keep going. Yay!

Replies

• ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Awww that's a great NSV! Keep up the great work you're doing! and good luck on your 5K! :)
  • stephkuch
    stephkuch Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Keep up the great work!
  • tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!!!!!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    This is one of the best NSVs I have seen posted here. Congrats! :drinker:
  • todaystuesday
    todaystuesday Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    That's a great NSV!
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Yes! Yes! That is just SO cool. Congratulations, girl. :)
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    awesome story - thanks for sharing...and great job! :flowerforyou:
  • rach2705
    rach2705 Posts: 107
    Options
    This really made me smile, it takes a while for us to see ourselves as everyone else does. Good luck in your 5k
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Awesome! Congrats!!!
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the hard work! :flowerforyou:

A VERY similar thing happened to me in January. I signed up for a new gym & as a promo they were giving away t-shirts to new members. The gym coordinator said to me, "I'm sorry we're all out of smalls, but we have a few mediums left! I'll grab you one quick!" Best feeling ever!
  • inittothinit42
    inittothinit42 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    That must feel wonderful! Congratulations!
  • muditamom
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. It was a good reminder that we don't need to hold onto those old images/stories of ourselves. I really needed to hear that.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! What a wake up call!! Congrats!!
  • 09Demelza
    09Demelza Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Brilliant - well done. Great NSV. Get rid of all that big-size clothing and know you'll never need it again. Good luck with the 5K too. Congratulations.
  • jdhosier
    jdhosier Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Very cool! Congrats.
  • CDresp
    CDresp Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    YAY for YOU!!!!!! Really makes you smile inside I'm sure.
  • nursestewart
    nursestewart Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    good luck on the race and congrats on the NSV ! :D
  • court182
    court182 Posts: 307
    Options
    What a great feeling! Keep up the fabulous work!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!