Saw myself from someone else's eyes - NSV!

Options

Replies

• TiredandReadyForLoss
    TiredandReadyForLoss Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Made me tear up! You can do this!!! :)
  • hojo94
    hojo94 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!!!
  • ItsVJ
    ItsVJ Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a great feeling that MUST have been! Good for you!!!!!!!!!
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    That must have been a wonderful feeling! :drinker:
  • unhinge
    unhinge Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Fantastic NSV! It is hard to see ourselves in our new size. I use all my old Xlarge t-shirts to workout in. It feels good to feel my body shrink under those old sizes :)
  • PCBGirl
    PCBGirl Posts: 3
    Options
    That's amazing! Good for you! That's motivating!:happy:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Ha! Love it! That happened to me last May when I went to do my first 5k race! When I signed up about two months prior to the race I had only lost about 9 pounds, so I ordered a large shirt. When I went to pick it up, the lady said, "Large!? You don't need a large! Here's a medium!" Even the medium was a tiny bit loose (men's sizes) then...when I wear the shirt now, almost a year later it feels like I am swimming in it! Yay!
  • shadea4455
    shadea4455 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! You should be feeling AWESOME about yourself right now!! Congrats!
  • Dethea
    Dethea Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's awesome! Congrats on the NSV!
  • xandra
    xandra Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Great job :flowerforyou:

How much weight have you lost?
    What does NSV mean?
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    That is awesome and a great feeling - I know when I had to go buy mediums (which I have never worn in my adult life) it was amazing. I couldn't believe it - I can even where some smalls depending on the maker. Keep it up girl - you have come a very long way!!!
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Great job :flowerforyou:

How much weight have you lost?
    What does NSV mean?

NSV - mean non-scale victory (like going down in a size) - something that is not associated with the scale.
  • _LilPowerHouse
    _LilPowerHouse Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV for you.. My wife did the same to me a few weeks ago, we went shopping for some shorts and I immediately grabbed a mens size 36.. she looked at me and said "Yeah Right".. In my mind I assumed bigger, she then grabbed a size 33 and pushed me into the fitting room and surprisingly the fit quite well.. so I know your feelings of joy.. Congrats
  • maf66
    maf66 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    How lovely is that? I'm so happy for you! :flowerforyou:
  • Ballybabe1
    Options
    NSV is a Non Scales Victory.

Congrats thats a brilliant NSV, I cant wait for that day, I hate the fact that alot of XXL's are too small for me and I am embarrassed to ask for a 3XL (most places dont even do them). I cant imagine fitting into a medium - that would be a very happy day for me. Very well done.
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
    I had a similar experience recently where two people more or less argued with me about my size. They convinced me to try on the size that was two sizes smaller than what I was wearing (which I'll admit, had become too big). I thought the next size down would be about right or maybe reasonably snug. I couldn't believe that the one two sizes down it fit just right. Hadn't worn that size in 25 years.
  • clotta22
    clotta22 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Very nice post. Thanks for sharing!!
  • CapsFan17
    CapsFan17 Posts: 198
    Options
    :smile: Thats awesome!! Keep up the good work!
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Love this story! Great job and great feeling!
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Was a great story!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!