A weekend full of NSVs!!

Options
mm3898
mm3898 Posts: 138 Member
First I should say that I am SO inspired by everyone's success stories and NSVs on this board. I can't wait until I'm done losing and in maintenance mode so I can post a full success story!

This weekend I ran the Shamrock Run which is a pretty big race in the city I live in. I ran it 3 years ago and had a horrible experience- I hadn't been training, I was miserable from beginning to end, and running unprepared left me with a knee injury. Being injured led to feeling despondent about not being able to run so I gave up on myself- started eating terribly and not exercising at all. In my warped mind, if I couldn't run than working out at all was useless.

For the past year I've been much more serious about my health, but these past 6 months have brought a huge shift in outlook. I signed up for the Shamrock Run and I've been training for it ever since. More than that, I've been just trying to be healthier and treat my body the way it deserves.

On Saturday I ran the race in 35 degree weather with the hope that I could do 4 miles under 50 minutes (tons of hills and cold weather are tough on me usually!). I was happy and excited, relaxed and motivated through the whole thing with my family and boyfriend cheering me on. I finished this race with a time of what i thought was 39:30. So pumped! Until today when I looked up the results online...

My real time was 37:36! The extra 2 minutes on the race clock was from when the race started, not from when I actually crossed the starting line! I can't believe it!!!!!!

Second NSV came on Sunday when I went to the mall. I went into The Loft to just look around. I saw a size 4 jeans that looked cute and figured I'd try them on, expecting it to be really tight. My thought was that I can see how far I have to go to get into a 4.... Well, these 4's fit, baby! Fit perfectly! If they weren't expensive I would have bought them! Almost cried in the dressing room!

I just want everyone to know that health can be measured on so many scales, not just the one that gives us a number. Any victory is a victory closer to your goal. Keep motivated, happy, and healthy!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work. :flowerforyou:
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    way to go !!!
  • renstwin
    renstwin Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a wonderful weekend! Congratulations!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    So fabulous you are--I'm so proud of you, you're rocking this thing--YAY!!!!!!
  • tsherm3850
    tsherm3850 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Awesome post. Thanks for updating us with these NSVs. Great time on the race. Congratulations!
  • todaystuesday
    todaystuesday Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    What a great weekend!
  • fitnoflab
    fitnoflab Posts: 100
    Options
    I love NSV's! You did awesome! Better get you to a cheaper store and get some size 4's!
  • hojo94
    hojo94 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    What an awesome weekend for you!!!!!
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you deserve those jeans! Save up and treat yourself! Great job!:flowerforyou:
  • mm3898
    mm3898 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you deserve those jeans! Save up and treat yourself! Great job!:flowerforyou:

Haha thank you! Maybe I'll go back and splurge on those jeans! :blushing:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!