arch pain in left foot

Options
i recently hurt my hip playing roller hockey. i think i might be compensating for that when i walk and/or run. i now have pain on the outside edge of my left arch (not the arch itself, but the flat part touching the ground). are there any exercises i can do that will help make this go away? will it go away on its own when the hip is fully healed? or could it be a shoe issue? i recently started using an older pair of shoes again.

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I would try rolling your foot over a tennis ball!
  • pinkiekat
    pinkiekat Posts: 39
    Options
    you could also freeze a bottle of water (only fill it up about 1/2 way) and then roll your foot over it as well to see if that helps.
  • ShadowSoldier23
    ShadowSoldier23 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    you might need to see an orthopedic doctor. it could be severe enough to need surgery or it could just need some physical therapy but be careful! i cant imagine hurting my foot :(
  • amycool
    amycool Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Do you have flat feet? If you do it's probably tendinitis, either way you should see a doctor, you might need special inserts for your shoes to give extra support to the arch.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    Do you have flat feet?

i don't. i think it is related to my hip injury or using old shoes. :)

thanks for the suggestions of the tennis ball or water bottle! i will try those and keep my fingers crossed that it will go away as i start walking 'normally' again.
  • rachealb1972
    Options
    it sounds like plantarfa****is i suffer with this a tennis ball does help but the pain doesnt go away google it and there are exercises on there for you to do to help strecth the muscle i currently wear a splint on mine through the day and night i have had several steroid injections into the bone they numb the area but are only short term release and hurt like mad
  • rachealb1972
    Options
    sorry its blanked out the wording as it thinks im swearing im not

Plantar fash i tis