Salmon & Whole Wheat Pasta

Options
rajhara7
rajhara7 Posts: 11
Great meal for Day when you are doing Cardio

Tastes like you should not be eating it, but checks out fine on MFP.

Portion salmon (3 or 6 ounces based on your caloric intake) Place salmon in tinfoil sprinkle salt, pepper & garlic powder. PLace one lemon slice on top.

Close the tinfoil to make a packet.

Bake in oven at 375 for 22 - 25 minutes.

In the meantime, put some water on to boil, once boiling, add pasta (weigh the pasta to ensure it fits into your caloric intake). Try to time the pasta to be done when the fish is.

Place the salmon on the drained pasta, add a tbsp of butter / olive oil / flax seed oil (1/2tbsp if 3oz of salmon.)

Use a fork to work the salmon in with the butter / oil and pasta. I mix it all in a big bowl and eat out of the bowl, to maximize the butter intake... haha

Done.

I try to keep the hot water from the pasta and boil some aspargus for about 60 seconds, nice low calorie side.

Replies

• zeewick
    zeewick Posts: 8
    Options
    Wow, this sounds amazing. I need to buy some pasta to try it!
  • RNmomto4
    RNmomto4 Posts: 143
    Options
    bump :)
  • Peppychristian
    Peppychristian Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Roverdave
    Roverdave Posts: 11
    Options
    Sounds very good!
  • kaaaaaaa
    kaaaaaaa Posts: 29
    Options
    Bump
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Yum.. I think adding fresh garlic, crushed red pepper, and sea salt to that would make it even better! Definitely going to try it.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options

Portion salmon (3 or 6 ounces based on your caloric intake) Place salmon in tinfoil sprinkle salt, pepper & garlic powder. PLace one lemon slice on top.

In the meantime, put some water on to boil, once boiling, add pasta (weigh the pasta to ensure it fits into your caloric intake). Try to time the pasta to be done when the fish is.

Place the salmon on the drained pasta, add a tbsp of butter / olive oil / flax seed oil (1/2tbsp if 3oz of salmon.)

Use a fork to work the salmon in with the butter / oil and pasta. I mix it all in a big bowl and eat out of the bowl, to maximize the butter intake... haha

Done.

I try to keep the hot water from the pasta and boil some aspargus for about 60 seconds, nice low calorie side.

I've done something similar, but along with olive oil and butter (didn't think to use flax oil), I added a tiny amount of some lemon pepper seasoning and about 1/2 cup of sweet peas or sugar snap peas. Yum!
  • southernyankee716
    Options
    This does sound yummy. I'm going to try it on my George Foreman grill :wink:
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options

Done.

I made this the other day and added zuchinni, yellow squash, sweet peppers (red, green, yellow, and orange), onions, grape tomatoes, and spinach with some feta. So yum!!
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Wheat pasta is still 190 calories per serving. Check this out concerning Dreamfields pasta:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/404465-dreamfields-pasta-calorie-speculation
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Love everything about his recipe! Thanks friend!
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I've done the same thing, except I didn't cook the salmon in foil...I just baked it (foil would mean less clean-up :wink:) also, I cooked up some spinach separately then incorporated it all together...it was sooo delicious and something I felt really good about eating.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Wheat pasta is still 190 calories per serving. Check this out concerning Dreamfields pasta:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/404465-dreamfields-pasta-calorie-speculation

IMO a calorie is a calorie. I see what you are saying, and theoretically it's cool, but I'll stick with the 190 just to be safe.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    another version of this is to bake the salmon with lots of fresh chopped tarragon, dill and parsley, lots of lemon juice, some slat and lots of cracked black pepper. Instead of olive oil and for an EXTRA protein boost and some calcium, mix in low fat cream cheese to the pasta and salmon and add a handful of cooked peas per serve as well as the asparagus. Serve with a wedge of lemon.
  • daisy51981
    daisy51981 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious!
  • SusannaTuttaPanna
    Options
    If you're in a hurry you can also heat canned salmon in a pan, add some capers and pepper (no need for salt as the capers are pretty salty) and add that to your whole wheat pasta! I eat that around 6 hours before my one-hour-jog along the Danube and I never feel full. :-)