encouragement

kodijhill
kodijhill Posts: 116 Member
hi ya'll i need some encouragement ive been trying to lose weight for a year now and just cant seem to stay under my calories and i hate exercises but am getting over that a little. i just wish i could lose it fast in the begining like everyone else. ive been making better choices but food is so good its hard so if anyone wants to give me some encouragement and support i really need some and ill return the favor

Replies

• wolfehound22
    wolfehound22 Posts: 859 Member
    Feel free to add me, always up for handing out motivation.

im sure youve heard this before, but everyone is different and loses weight differently. Those that lose a ton, tend to be really strict with there cals and exercise, but realistiactly this should be a life time change. Meaning, sometimes the weight comes off slow, u allow yourself cheat meals or u miss your workouts, thats life. So, what r your goals, how much r u trying to lose, what r u eating now, maybe its to little, how r u exercising. R your cloths fitting better, have u taken pics or measurements, all of this should be taken into consideration. Also the scale can be evil, thats why measurements r so important, lots of time youll lose some inches but not much weight, because of muscle growth, so there is a lot more to it. Remeber this is real life, and not everyone can have fast results, its taken me 2 years to knock off 75 lbs, which is only 3 lbs a month, so if your commited, and patient it will work.
  • reztib
    reztib Posts: 151 Member
    I would just try to remember it is a marathon, not a race. As long as you go down a few lbs a month I think you are probably doing okay. Some of us might hit big numbers but even that tapers off eventually. As far as food I am not an expert on it but I am an expert on my own relationship with food.

Just over a month ago, I realized I have a food addiction. I haven't attended Overeaters Anonymous at this point but ever since I have looked at my dealings with food as an addiction I have been able to deal with it a lot better. I am not saying I don't have problems with it anymore but I am able to better contain it.

With exercise I would try to find "something" to do. I know a woman who lost over 100 lbs just by walking a little bit everyday. She would only walk around her block, and then several blocks and then miles. She worked up to it. She has never worked out beyond that and she is at her goal weight and watched her diet. It took years for that to happen but she stayed focused and she walked all but handful of times in 3 years (most of those reasons were weather related in Minnesota).

Good luck and feel free to add me.
  • I know the feeling. Losing weight can be really slow.

My advice is focus on a new thing each week. I started with cutting out soda, which I LOOOVE, and switched it with water. I added some Mio in once or twice in the week to help with the cravings. The next week, I took a look at my meals and realized that they were all over the place and had no set time or amount. I took a wekk or two to organize meals, preparing them on sundays so I could just grab them or heat them up if necessary. (Including some handy bags of veggies to munch on) The trick is, do some research online for some meals with low calaries. I also found that, having the same few things to eat each week stopped me from over eating. Plus, I stopped buying the junk food, which saved me a looot of money. Last, I focused on the workout, which is my least favorite thing to do. I hate working out. But I do like walking along the water front near my house, as does my puppy. So I started walking every day with him along the streets with the big houses and water front. Also, I tried yoga and felt great after it, so I do a dvd of that as well. (Work out DVDs are a god send, I tell you. That and workout video games. I can suggest some really good ones, if that is more your thing)

Feel free to add me! I'm a pretty good cheerleader to help keep you on track. I might need it too. I am still working on mine too.