May be a little risky posting this here

Options
As its not really exercise and/or fitness.

My question is has anyone used those Slendertone things? If so have you seen results and do they work?

Any feedback on them would be useful :)

Replies

• smitt_3000
    Options
    load of tosh !

Get to the gym
  • Bobskiframps
    Bobskiframps Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    They are okay.. They Build muscle up but without exercise in and weight lose you don't really see the results.
  • wedjul05
    wedjul05 Posts: 472
    Options
    load of tosh !

Get to the gym

+1. Marketing and money making.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    You-done-goofed.jpg
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I personally dont see hiw it would help you lose weight... The muscle building seems like ut could work a bit but it would be very limited. Im sure like anything else your body would get used to it... Then it would be pointless... But bump... Maybe someone has tried :-)
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    As its not really exercise and/or fitness.

My question is has anyone used those Slendertone things? If so have you seen results and do they work?

Any feedback on them would be useful :)
    Yes I have! I tried wearing mine while pottering about the house and while exercising. It goes up to an intense level and you can really feel it in your abs, but, honestly, it won't make any visible difference.

Nothing battery-operated is going to help burn off the layer of flat that hides the abs. Besides, modern thinking steers us away from isolated ab training to full-body weight-training workouts and functional core exercises, like planks, so abdominal and core strength.

On a completely unrelated level, it seems to help with the muscles that, you know, help women feel, umm, intimate pleasure :blushing: Exploring that could probably burn off a few calories!

Other than that, I'd only recommend it if you have a medical problem that prevents you bending your mid-section.
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    ah thought as much, its just my boyfriend's parents have one and he keeps suggesting for me to try it.. I didn't think it would help that much but ah well.. keep the feedback coming! I'm curious if it has actually worked for anyone :)
  • mickipedia
    Options
    load of tosh !

Get to the gym

Oh and by the way I do go to the gym, I'm not looking for an easy option I'm just thinking if it helps on top of my workouts then why not :P
  • ChrisRN75495
    Options
    Maybe if boyfriend is interested in your weight loss (which is cool), there are things you guys could do together. (I'm suggesting maybe go to the gym together or walk or bike ride around the neighborhood together.) :happy:
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I bought a similar type product on a whim once upon a time. Didn't do a darn thing.

But...and this is a BIG but for me...I have a bad back and I found that when my back was really acting up, I could put that thing on backwards and it gave me the kind of electronic muscle stimulation I would pay for at the chriopractor. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it be used in this fashion, but it sure did work for me. When my daughter found it and carefully deconstructed it, I felt compelled to buy a new one to use fo this specific purpose.

So, y'know, kinda useful?
  • mickipedia
    Options
    Maybe if boyfriend is interested in your weight loss (which is cool), there are things you guys could do together. (I'm suggesting maybe go to the gym together or walk or bike ride around the neighborhood together.) :happy:

We do go for walks every day which is nice.. just a gentle stroll around the area :)

It was something he suggested as an extra to help out, his parents didn't see results but he thinks its because they're quite a bit bigger whereas I haven't got much left to lose.. Just curious really :)