Replies

• GdeVries
    GdeVries Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    absolutely love this thread. :~)
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I lost 5 pounds that way once, and I totally counted it.
  • KatKatatrophic
    KatKatatrophic Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Please step off the scale. I beg of you. Your parents absolutely freaking suck if they're telling you you're overweight at 105lbs and you have nothing to prove to them by losing more...

They don't suck, it's that they're are worried of me being made fun of because I'm "sensitive"....only when people talk about me being fat though. That's it.
  • Melyssaks
    Melyssaks Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Try to get yourself into a usual routine (eventually your bathroom breaks will become regular too) and then pick a consistent time of day to weigh yourself every day. Whether it's before or after you use the restroom doesn't matter but try to keep it consistent whenever you have your official "weigh-ins".

I always weigh myself at 10pm every night so I can feel like the food from dinner has fully digested while wearing shorts and a t-shirt. While there's still differences day to day by a pound or two it usually stays pretty accurate as long as you stay routine about it.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Please step off the scale. I beg of you. Your parents absolutely freaking suck if they're telling you you're overweight at 105lbs and you have nothing to prove to them by losing more...

Who said anything about her parents?
  • KatKatatrophic
    Options
    The only way to be sure it to extract the fecal, weigh it separately and subtract.

That is so weird!
  • KatKatatrophic
    Options
    Try to get yourself into a usual routine (eventually your bathroom breaks will become regular too) and then pick a consistent time of day to weigh yourself every day. Whether it's before or after you use the restroom doesn't matter but try to keep it consistent whenever you have your official "weigh-ins".

I always weigh myself at 10pm every night so I can feel like the food from dinner has fully digested while wearing shorts and a t-shirt. While there's still differences day to day by a pound or two it usually stays pretty accurate as long as you stay routine about it.

Mine is in the morning after using the restroom.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Just weigh yourself first thing in the morning before you eat or do anything else. That's the noly weight I log
  • Natelywills
    Options
    I'd count it as a loss but weigh in in a week again to check your progress. Great job!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Who said anything about her parents?

I read her profile... ;-)
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Log the 105.

lol. log.
  • Elibasia
    Elibasia Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    congradulations on your giant dump!
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • KatKatatrophic
    Options
    I still have a little time to grow. I have my dad's genes. He's big (not muscle) and is 6'5. He was 5'9 in middle school 0_0
  • odusgolp
    Options

They don't suck, it's that they're are worried of me being made fun of because I'm "sensitive"....only when people talk about me being fat though. That's it.

I just don't see why anyone would call you fat. You're a pretty girl and certainly not overweight. Just be healthy ;-)
  • KatKatatrophic
    Options

I just don't see why anyone would call you fat. You're a pretty girl and certainly not overweight. Just be healthy ;-)

That's what I'm going for-healthy. But I could lose like three or five pounds. I've lost 2 so far *cough*.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Can I count this as real weight lost, or should I ignore it? I plan on not trying to gain it back.

It depends what you mean by real weight. Actually, it is a great question.

Have you lost "weight"? Well, yeah. Scale weight is the sum total of everything your body contains (including fecal matter). So if your goal is weight loss then yes, you have lost.

However, I think your actually goal in reality is not weight loss at all. It is more about looking good and being healthy.

These are fat loss and fitness goals as opposed to weight loss goals. These goals require a different perspective and more reliance on other markers of success in conjunction with the scale (BF%, measurements, Vo2 max, increased lifts, distance run etc)

I would encourage you to examine what you want to achieve and not worrying too much about the number on the scale.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?

5'1

Then your current weight is excellent and 90lbs is underweight! If you don't like the way your body looks at present I'd suggest getting into lifting weights and building muscle because it will "lean" you out and cut inches while making you stronger and more muscular.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    How tall are you?

5'1

Then your current weight is excellent and 90lbs is underweight! If you don't like the way your body looks at present I'd suggest getting into lifting weights and building muscle because it will "lean" you out and cut inches while making you stronger and more muscular.

Amen.

And FYI, My matilda is great... I love that you're checking in on them.
  • Sam426f
    Sam426f Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    What have you been eating?!? That is a huge poo!
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Do you wipe front to back or back to front? This is important.