coffee vs caffeine pills??

Options
I really want to stop drinking coffee, but I do like the little kick of energy in the morning...I one want to stop because I cant drink it black. I was wondering if anyone had some advice on other alternatives? Oh, and I do drink tea one in a while, its just I have a sensitive bladder, and when I drink tea, I pee way to much..and I work 6 days a week..not a good combo.

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    clearshot_concentrate_large.jpeg
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why you're wanting to cut out coffee. Just use some low-cal creamer or some FF half+half and truvia/splenda/sugar. Caffeine pills can work pretty well though, but I wouldn't take much of it. They come in 200mg doses usually iirc.
  • maddiedog22
    maddiedog22 Posts: 116
    Options
    I have the same issue I recently just started these crystal light energy on the go things. U add them to a bottle of water and drink. 10 calories only too. See for me I can drink coffee all day long and not feel a thing same Thoth tea. Caffine pills make me crazy and sick, but this stuff just made me wanna move. I have the peach mango and it's super good gonna pick up a few diff flavors this week tho
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    Vitamin B12 pills can give you a good energy boost and it's good for you.
  • maddiedog22
    maddiedog22 Posts: 116
    Options
    I have the same issue I recently just started these crystal light energy on the go things. U add them to a bottle of water and drink. 10 calories only too. See for me I can drink coffee all day long and not feel a thing same Thoth tea. Caffine pills make me crazy and sick, but this stuff just made me wanna move. I have the peach mango and it's super good gonna pick up a few diff flavors this week tho

Has tons of b12 also
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I had this same problem with my first "life style change". I stopped drinking coffee, and started taking pills.....my "lifestyle change" didn't last too long lol. I'm not saying that not allowing myself coffee was the reason, there were a TON of things I didn't let myself have! This time around I simply reduced my cream a bit and switched from sugar to splenda. I LOVE my morning coffees! And have realized, for myself, that cutting out the things I love will only lead to giving up or binging.

For me, this is a lifestyle change that I plan to stick with for the rest of my life. For myself, I know if I don't watch what I eat or workout regularly, I will gain weight and not fit my pants! :( Haha! So now I just incorporate the things I love into my day :)

If you love coffee don't give it up!

As for the pills, they worked, but I can't remember what they were called. I got them at GNC though, if that helps.
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    I really want to stop drinking coffee, but I do like the little kick of energy in the morning...I one want to stop because I cant drink it black. I was wondering if anyone had some advice on other alternatives? Oh, and I do drink tea one in a while, its just I have a sensitive bladder, and when I drink tea, I pee way to much..and I work 6 days a week..not a good combo.

May sound rather stupid, but if you like if, why would you stop it ?
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I love by coffee strong & black, but I quit coffee because it leaves me dehydrated. Occasionally when i feel i need it i take B12 complex & caffeine instead. It works for me.:smile:
  • awidener86
    awidener86 Posts: 260 Member
    Options

I love those things
  • DarrellHodge
    Options

I've had this stuff. It is nice; I actually forgot about it. I will have to get some and keep it on hand at work.

Caffeine pills: be careful, they will work your heart a little too much.
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    coffee is much better for you than pills and is full of healthful antioxidants. No need to discontinue drinking coffee. That's just crazy talk, if you like it! LOL. I dropped my creamer to 1 measured tablespoon of sugar-free creamer (20 calories), 1 big dash of cinnamon (also healthy and a natural sweetener), and about 1/2 teaspoon of agave syrup (20 calories or less) It is delicious and very healthy. (agave syrup is a natural sweetener that has low glycemic index).
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    A caffeine pill will have the equivalent of 1 cup of coffee's worth of caffeine in it. The difference is that when you drink coffee, you usually drink it slowly over the course of some time, whereas a caffeine pill hits you all at once.

As a result some people who aren't bothered by coffee get jittery/sick from caffeine pills.

Personally I've taken them before, less because they have fewer calories than coffee, and more because they're cheaper (you can get a bottle of 80 pills for like $3. 80 coffees would be SO much more than that!).

Alternately, a coffee with skim milk and splenda has like 25 calories and tastes pretty good, once you get used to it. Or you can keep drinking it however you like it, just budget the calories into your day (unless you're having it with 10 creamers and 10 packets of sugar... in which case, I might cut back a little lol).
  • WhiteCoc0
    WhiteCoc0 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    My coffee is 15 calories at the max, if I put milk instead of cream. I love my cofffee and won't give it up for a pill. Can't sit down with a book and enjoy a nice warm cup of pill.
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I take caffeine pills - 200mg which is around 2 cups of coffee. They seem to last quite a while for me. I have never drunk coffee though so I can't give any sort of comparison, or give an account from a coffee drinkers POV.

I disagree that it comes in one big hit though, it definitely seems to stretch out a few hours for me.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I love caffeine pills ^-^
  • Megume
    Megume Posts: 74
    Options
    It may take a couple days to get used to.. but if you have a cup of hot water with lemon juice and honey added.. that gives you a nice boost of energy plus it detoxifies :) gotta love all natural vit C :D
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Coffee is so much healthier than a caffeine pill. Coffee is a ridiculously healthy drink, due to it's antioxidant properties.

Coffee has been linked to reduced risk of
    Stroke
    Heart Arrhythmia
    Dementia (including Alzheimer's)
    Diabetes
    Certain Cancers
    Hypertension

Keep the coffee.
  • oceanchristy
    Options
    My coffee is 15 calories at the max, if I put milk instead of cream. I love my cofffee and won't give it up for a pill. Can't sit down with a book and enjoy a nice warm cup of pill.

^^ This ! :)
  • aj_gettingfit
    Options
    I take caffeine pills - 200mg which is around 2 cups of coffee. They seem to last quite a while for me. I have never drunk coffee though so I can't give any sort of comparison, or give an account from a coffee drinkers POV.

I disagree that it comes in one big hit though, it definitely seems to stretch out a few hours for me.

What are you taking?
  • drmattski
    drmattski Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Coffee is an experience - it is like asking people to give up their wine or beer - probably not going to ever happen.

The only thing I can say for caffine pills is that you won't pee as much, so may be useful for travel situations, other than than, I LOVE MY JAVA! :heart: