Whats Your Opinion?

Options
I weigh around 184 now, and I'm 5'4.... I do have a big frame and a lot of muscle mass but I would like to weigh around 145-150.... A LOT of people have told me I can't afford to lose that much more weight. What do you guys think?? Newest pic is my profile pic....

Replies

• omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    that depends on a lot of things.

what kind of body are you looking for? a thin modal-like body or a muscular athletic one?
    i think 150 would be a reasonable goal but it all comes down to what YOU'RE happy with.

set 10 pound check-points. after every 10 pounds you lose, look at yourself and the mirror. are you happy? if so, then stop losing weight. if not, then go another 10 pounds, or drop it to 5 pound increments.

again, remember its you that has to be happy, not others.
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    Fat percentage might be a better way to think about it, since you're so close to your "number" goal. Also, think about consulting a doctor, nutritionist (licensed or has a degree!) and see what they think.
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    congrats on your weight loss by the way. you're doing great!:drinker:
  • girlfriend
    girlfriend Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'4 also I think you could go as low as 135 , I'm going for 130 I could go as low as 117 but I dont want to look like (Olive Oil) its good to keep a little meat on your bones ya know some CURVES lol Keep Up The Good Work so you feel comfortable @150 then thats Great I remember when I was 145 my friends said I was a Brick House now I just wish I was 150 :smile:
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's important what YOU like, not other people. Congratulations on your progress! :drinker:
  • pcbta
    pcbta Posts: 227
    Options
    do not go by weight. You sound similar to me...I go by sizes...body image, things like that. weight will always be more for me...I'm very dense! so it's hard to compare to others...ya know? In my opinion, size is WAY more important...or fat percentage as was suggested.

Cindy:heart:
  • MissesOfficer
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'4 also I think you could go as low as 135 , I'm going for 130 I could go as low as 117 but I dont want to look like (Olive Oil) its good to keep a little meat on your bones ya know some CURVES lol Keep Up The Good Work so you feel comfortable @150 then thats Great I remember when I was 145 my friends said I was a Brick House now I just wish I was 150 :smile:
    BMI says I could go to 135 I'm sure, but I doubt I'd look like much at that size.. probably look sick actually LOL
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    what a transformation! you look awesome!
    :drinker:

(btw--i ditto what's already been said. i'm 5 4 1/2 and i'm aiming for 130, but i'm regular to small boned so that size makes sense for me. i can see you're WAY stronger--which is awesome!)

keep up the great work! :flowerforyou:
  • jbwegner
    jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I think you look great the way you are! I never would have guessed that you weigh 184...it must be all muscle! You look fit and strong and carry 184 very well. I would talk with your doctor about it and settle on a number you are comfortable with. But as others have said, it's more about your health, not what the scale says.
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    What is your BMI currently? Not using the calculated % that is solely based on weight and height but the scales/devices that actually measure your current %.
    Are you in the normal range now at 180lbs?
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I think 150 is reasonable, but like the other said...try not to base it o a number
    How do YOU feel......when you are happy with your size (whatever that is) and feel strong and healthy......then stop...don't listen to other people...

Kim
  • lwilliams1007
    Options
    Hey girl keep up the good work, I'm 1 inch taller and 150 is my goal, you will be good and sexy at that weight of 150, not good and skinny.
  • JWalker514
    JWalker514 Posts: 87
    Options
    You look great! I have a similar build, just 5'1'' is all, I am mostly going on what I look like when I hit certain weights. I think 150-155 would be good for your frame. I'd like to get to 140 and see what I look like .Dont know if I could go much under that without looking sickly lol. I'd love to weigh 120,, but dont see it lol.
  • blink14
    blink14 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and I've always had a compact, muscular build. I've pretty much excepted that the lowest weight I can get down to without starving myself and going crazy on the exercise is about 125 - I'm at about 135 right now. I'd be happy to be 129-130. I too go by sizes, and I'm currently a 6, but a few jeans are little tight at the moment, so I use that versus my weight to keep myself on track.
  • MissesOfficer
    Options
    What is your BMI currently? Not using the calculated % that is solely based on weight and height but the scales/devices that actually measure your current %.
    Are you in the normal range now at 180lbs?
    The only one I have used is the BMI calculator on here, and that puts me in the obese category still (I think I look far from "obese now"...but anyway)... I have never had a BMI calculation done taking into consideration muscle or bone mass. I would like to have one done, would be interesting to see...
  • pange
    pange Posts: 82
    Options
    You look great! I go by body fat percentage. I use the accumeasure caliper. It's accurate enough and only about $5. 21-24% is good for non-athlete women. Just to give you an idea: I'm 5'10", 135 pounds, and 19%.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I'd say that your weight is not nearly as important as what size you wear aka measurements. You look fit and muscular which weighs a lot more than my puffy, jiggly flab. You also look much, much slimmer than I do (I look positively rotund). So if you like the way you look and you are healthy, your BMI is good and you feel comfortable with your size, then hop on the maintenance train. :flowerforyou: