Boredom Eating

Options
I currently work at a very slow pace job, I am used to working 2-3 jobs at a time while taking classes... I sit at a computer most of the day with nothing to do. During this time I always munch. Anyone have any good things to munch or ways to curb that?

Replies

• gemlouiseylemonsqueezey
    Options
    Yep I know exactly what you mean!!! It wasn't until I took a close look at my food diary I realised I was snacking on 'empty' food. Flavored rice cakes (big ones) that take a long time to eat and lots of dried fruit mixed with nuts etc I find are nicer than just 'an apple'. Hope this helps xx
  • breathekindness
    breathekindness Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I will have to watch this for advice because that is my problem too!!
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    Chewing gum tends to help me, and lots of water. Other then that, i have mints i hang onto, just try not to over do it. I also eat many small meals, so I know every 3 hours I am eating, so I just try to focus on that.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Chewing gum tends to help me, and lots of water. Other then that, i have mints i hang onto, just try not to over do it. I also eat many small meals, so I know every 3 hours I am eating, so I just try to focus on that.

I agree. Chewing gum, sugar-free hard candy, and drinking water all day. I also get up at some regular interval and do desk push-ups, squats, and calf raises for about one or two minutes at a time.
  • fitmamma2012
    Options
    A Route 44 Sonic cup of ice is the ultimate answer for bordom eating. Zero calories AND you get to add to your daily water intake!
  • SaSSyhasCurls
    Options
    Those times at work when I feel like that, I munch on fruit and nuts all day. It keeps me losing weight and helps with tactile
  • ANMUR43
    ANMUR43 Posts: 20
    Options
    I used to eat when I was bored. Now I drink herbal tea, or other calorie free drink. I also used to eat many small meals, but now eat 3 balanced meals three times a day. No snacking in between meals.
    I never thought I could do this before. Now I can, thanks to the principles and support of the OA program.
    I have been losing weight steadily and without hunger pains I thought I would have.
    Check out OA online to find a group.
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I eat ice. this stops the mindeless eating