How Many Times Do You Look In The Mirror?

Options
Do you find yourself obsessed with the mirror like me???
Now, Im not looking in it because I think I look good, I look to see if there is any progress or what areas I need to work on.
I used to be obsessed with the scale, now that I put that away...its the mirror...UGH!

I honestly have looked at it about 15 times this morning and Ive only been awake for an hour.:noway:

Maybe Im hoping to see something one day I will like:tongue:

Anyone else???

Replies

• SaraAnne
    SaraAnne Posts: 53
    Options
    For me it's more that I'm self concious. But I definitely check the mirror a few times before I go out too, haha
  • new_Kendra
    new_Kendra Posts: 80
    Options
    At this point, I am still avoiding the mirror. :grumble: So looking in the mirror often may not be such a bad thing!!! It means you at least like what you see :smile:
  • Melissa_123
    Melissa_123 Posts: 115
    Options
    I hate the mirror as much as being in photos!!! I am more obsessed with weighing myself although I am getting better...I lost a size but don't see it :(
  • jcarter0525
    Options
    I look in the mirror every time I take a shower which is every morning. Since I've been losing weight, my belly has been going down a lot. It keeps me motivated even though it's not to my liking yet. It is, at least, better than it was a few months ago.
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    not that it's relevant to your question or anything, but this quote always makes me smile:

Mirrors don't talk, and lucky for you they don't laugh either

and i'm the same as you. i completely pick myself apart looking at the mirror. some days it does wonders for my self confidence. other days, it makes me sad depressed, and makes me feel even fatter.
  • anthrochix
    anthrochix Posts: 264
    Options
    I was quite happy to notice less cottage cheese in the trunk the other day. :blushing: I tend to obsess more with the scale, however. Numbers, to me, seem more concrete.
  • ilmommkc
    ilmommkc Posts: 73
    Options
    I am still obsessed with the scale. Although, I do look in the mirror much more than before, usually trying on 15 outfits seeing what fits this month. I have gone from a sz 18/20 to a 10/12 and I still don't think I really SEE the difference. Everyone I knows see it and comment but I still feel like a fat girl.
  • angievan26
    angievan26 Posts: 212
    Options
    I am still obsessed with the scale. Although, I do look in the mirror much more than before, usually trying on 15 outfits seeing what fits this month. I have gone from a sz 18/20 to a 10/12 and I still don't think I really SEE the difference. Everyone I knows see it and comment but I still feel like a fat girl.
    I know exactually how u feel. I have people notice I have lost weight but when I look in the mirror I still see someone I do not like. I know one day I will and that is what keeps me going. I am someone who is osessed will the scale and I know I weigh myself at least two times a day.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    The more weight I lose, the more I find fault with the now-tiny imperfections: a bulge I don't like here, a jiggledy-jig there, those darned love handles not keeping pace with the lower curve of my buttocks:angry: .... another quote "We are our own worst critics." How true. I do look in the mirror a lot, more in amazement these days than dismay. Most days, I pick, then I bum out, then I get to acceptance and remember patience.... :wink:
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I hate to look in the mirror, and totally avoid it. I recently started yoga and the instructor keeps telling me to look at myself in the mirror, so I do, but instead of at myself I look at the other women who have no bellies or double chins. I can't stand the sight of myself.
  • cdickey
    cdickey Posts: 230
    Options

I am the same way about not seeing what everybody else does. I just don't see the difference in me that they say is there. I can tell by the scale and how my clothes are now baggy instead of skin tight but just looking in the mirror I still see the same ole me. I hope that one day I'll see the big difference they all see.:wink: