Trying not to be bummed

Options
I've lost 40 lbs which is fantastic! I still have 50+ lbs to go but I have felt really good. I went out to eat with some old friends and we took a group picture and man...I just saw the picture. Dun-dun-duuuun!

It's crappy to have lost 40 lbs and feel good but still look like Fatty McFatface. Blerg. Any tips on not having a health setback when you're feeling down on yourself?

Replies

• farm_mamaX9
    Options
    I'm sorry. I suppose if it were me, I'd get out an old picture of me (ha! Not that I have many of me because I hate them) and look at it to remind me how far I have come and how much better I look now than then. You're doing a great job, don't let it get you down and wreak havoc in your weight loss journey. Since it's a journey, you won't get there overnight. You can do this. Keep up the good work!!
  • ellieblueberry
    ellieblueberry Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I will find the best horrible picture I can find of myself and keep it handy. (: Thank you for the cheerleading!
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Also, in your profile pic, you're looking great! 40 pounds is an amazing accomplishment. Don't be bummed, be proud!
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    This is a one day at a time journey. You've done fantastic so far and this is just one little bump in the road. You look great, so keep it up!
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    You have absolutely no reason to be bummed!!! You need to dig through the old pics. You are doing great and Keep Up The Good Work!!
  • jrmtank
    jrmtank Posts: 15
    Options
    Wow, you should be very proud. I can relate to your story. We all can. We just get a picture in our head of what we should look like. We then have some success and feel great and feel great. Then BANG, we see a picture and realize how much more we have to go. You are doing terrific. Keep up the great work. I seem to be doing nothing. I started mediastinal where you basically do their meals for five times a day and have one protein meal. I couldn't keep it up. I felt too deprived. I and still doing meal replacements
    Three times a day but I am having trouble finding my stride.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 40 pounds! I totally get where you're coming from, since I felt the same way after 40 pounds. I did as someone else suggested, though, and pulled out an old pic and could really tell the difference. Plus I knew I wasn't done yet, and couldn't wait to reach my goal and really be able to tell the difference.

Just keep doing what you're doing since it's obviously working, and you will continue to feel great about yourself.
  • ahstuccio
    ahstuccio Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oh girl...try not to beat up on yourself. I just joined today and I am in awe of your 40 lb loss! My goodness, I will be doing the happy dance when I loose 4 lbs. Just keep your head high...think that you are an inspiration to the "newbies" on here...and continue to thrive!
  • ellieblueberry
    ellieblueberry Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thank you everyone! I really needed some encouragement and perspective, thank you for providing it!
  • ChristieStearns
    ChristieStearns Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    PROGRESS PHOTOS. Take them. I think we all go through this no matter whether it's 20 lbs or 100. I've lost almost 100 and I still get this bummed feeling. Until I look at a comparison photo. You HAVE to focus on how far you've come from where you began and be proud of those accomplishments. You can't focus on how far you have to go. Also if it helps... I too have been in the place where it makes me want to eat. But you have to realize if you eat and gain you will only feel worse, and have further to go again. Every single day is a new day, just make it a good one you can be proud of and look at how far you've come!