SMARTPHONE SCANNING

Options
I JUST GOOGLED MYFITNESSPAL.COM ON MY SMART PHONE. I CAN LOG ON AND USE, BUT NOT SURE HOW TO DO THE SCANNING OF GROCERY ITEMS. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Replies

• janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    On my phone I hit add then there is a picture of a barcode in upper corner, hit that and hover over the item. I love, love, love that feature!
  • ryanpayne4
    ryanpayne4 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You have to be logged into the mobile app for the smartphone you have. Download the Myfitnesspal Application from your app store.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    If you have a phone that uses Android, iOS (iPhone or iPad), Blackberry, or Windows you can download the app from the appropriate app store. Mobile features are only available through the mobile app, not the website on a browser.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/mobile
  • KJVBear33
    KJVBear33 Posts: 628
    Options
    You do it via your camera on your phone..........when searching for food there is what looks like a barcode button (its a symbol, not the word). You push it, then hold the camera up to the barcode of the food you want to eat/buy and wait for it to freeze frame.........once it does that, it will automatically show up and tell you what to do next.
  • Speedtrap
    Speedtrap Posts: 216
    Options
    You need to install the App to scan, you can't do it by logging into the site on the web browser on your phone.
  • DPernet
    DPernet Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Add food then at the top you want the icon that looks like -IIIII- to the right of the search button. Makes life so much easier!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Add food then at the top you want the icon that looks like -IIIII- to the right of the search button. Makes life so much easier!

This will work, AFTER you download the actual application.
  • _Nathan
    _Nathan Posts: 15
    Options
    Just be sure to make sure that the nutritional information that pops up is the same for what you are scanning. Though it happens very infrequently, every now and then the product has changed some and the info will not match up. But yes, the barcode scanner is amazing and a great time-saver.
  • elissa463
    Options
    HELP PLEASE!! I downloaded the app from the maket. I do not see the barcode symbol. Yikes I feel dumb.
  • elissa463
    Options
    THANKS EVERYONE!!!! My fitness pals ROCK!!! I am on my way to weight loss.