2 questions, fruit and dinner related

Options
First is do you count fruits and vegetables on MFP, like log them in? That may be a silly question to some but I never really realized they had very many calories or what not...
Second is, Sometimes I have trouble logging dinner in. Do I log everything in seperately...like tonight im making kung pao chicken with cashews and white rice....so would i log the sauce, chicken, rice, and cashews each separate?

Replies

• _John
    _John Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    >do you count fruits and vegetables on MFP?
    Yes. I'd log everything, otherwise it gets too easy to say 'I wont log that as that little bit of food doesn't count'. It all counts, and it's a fine line between gaining and losing weight.

>I never really realized they had very many calories
    They're much better than processed foods and by logging them you'll confirm that.

> Do I log everything in seperately...like tonight im making kung pao chicken with cashews and white rice....so would i log the sauce, chicken, rice, and cashews each separate?
    Yes, sounds a lot to do but it really isn't and once they get into your 'recent foods' list it will be easier next time. If I cook a meal to share with others I log the entire ingredients, save it as a 'meal' and add back a quarter of the meal if that's roughly what I ate.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Add Fruit and Veggies they all have calories.
    For the Dinner question:
    Go to your food page, on the top it has an Icon that say's ENTER NEW RECIPES. Click on that and then Create your recipe with the number of servings the recipe will make and every ingredient. Save your recipe at the bottom of the page and you will have it saved in your recipe section for anytime you make it. It takes a little time but it's worth it for later reference.