Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

MORE THAN ONE POUND A WEEK

I was wondering what if you would like to lose more than the projected amount a week.. should you up calories and fitness or what? I really would like to lose at least two or three even if its just a week here and there! one pound is great and depressing at the same time.. any suggestions??

Replies

• i've lost 4 last week! i don't know how i managed though! but i have been eating around 800 900 calories and exercising on my kinect and the exercise bike atleast every day! feel free to add:)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    One pound a week is ideal for the amount of weight you want to lose.

You don't have enough excess body fat to support the calorie deficit required to lose weight faster. By cutting calories too much, you lose a larger percentage of lean muscle with the fat. So you might drop the POUNDS you want to lose, but you won't lose as much fat as you want to lose.

Please read this thread of mine that illustrates the difference: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/494091-i-just-don-t-care-anymore

Cliffnotes version: When I ate under 1000 calories a day thinking I'd lose weight faster, my weight loss was frustratingly slow and I looked worse at my goal weight than eating about twice that amount.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    i've lost 4 last week! i don't know how i managed though! but i have been eating around 800 900 calories and exercising on my kinect and the exercise bike atleast every day! feel free to add:)

At 16 years of age, you are still growing and need far more than 800 calories.

You cannot be getting the daily nutrition your growing body needs from just 800-900 calories.

Please reconsider.
  • HMFooden
    HMFooden Posts: 14
    bump

the minimum is 1200 calories and even that is too little. your body will go into starvation mode and you will wreck your metabolism. please eat more and i promise you will still lose weight
  • i try to add more calories with out them being empty calories but its so hard.. you try training your brain to eat less for a diet and now its eating more? thanks for all the suggestions I really need some help.. i just started using this program this month and I am still learning. Started dieting in Jan. so far 15 pounds!
  • what does bump mean on here?