GPS stopped working

Options
neverstray
neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
The GPS on my phone stopped working and I don't know what to do. I have an Android HTC and it's worked great up until last week. This is how I track my miles and speed and all that. Otherwise, I don't really know how far I'm going, and since I'm in the middle of training, it's important. I can't seem to fix it. I usually use Endomondo. I've downloaded two other apps and they aren't working either. It's definitely the GPS. Anyone have any suggestions.. I've done restarts, shutdowns, pulling the battery out, ect.

Replies

• batlou
    batlou Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Buy a Garmin Forerunner 305.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    It may or may not have anything to do with your problem, but a solar storm hit earth last Thursday/Friday and another is on the way. You might wait a day or two before giving up on your GPS.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I forgot about the solar storm. I bet that's it.

I already purchased a GPS watch on amazon.com. That's better anyways. My phone is too bulky. I'm too cheap to just go buy one, it has to be necessary. In this case, it really is.
  • Janerf1
    Janerf1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I use Map My Run when i'm out. I find that pretty good though I can get patchy GPS (but that is in central london).
  • soundy
    soundy Posts: 2
    Options
    Which phone is it, and what isn't working? Are apps not finding the GPS radio at all? Or is it just not locking on satellites?