More critical of self after losing weight??

Options
Does this ever happen to you guys? I have lost about 15lbs already and I feel even more critical of myself than I did when I was heavier. Someday's I even feel worse than I did when I was heavier. What do you guys do when you get in this rut (if you do)?

Replies

• dedarlin
    dedarlin Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    i ABSOLUTELY know how you feel! i am struggling myself with some serious body image issues. it seems to get worse as i get more fit. i think it was easier to ignore when 90% of my life and focus was on things other than my weight and fitness. i try to remember that this is a journey, not a destination, but am often discouraged by the fact that it's likely my body will probably never look like the vision in my head. i also find myself comparing my body to others, and have realized that the image i have of myself is not particularly accurate. the other day in the gym locker room i saw a girl who i thought looked similar to myself in body compostion...she just so happened to be getting on the scale and i peeked at her weight. She weight 34 pounds more than i do!?! that is a BIG difference, it made me sad that i see such a skewed image of myself and i wish i could see what everyone else does. i do not have an eating disorder, but i certainly can see how this body image thing could really drive someone to that place. i am interested to see if anyone has good tips for improving this self criticism!