OA HOW

Options
Is anyone in OA (Overeaters Anonymous) or the HOW program? I've just begun and I'm wondering if people have found MFP helpful in working their program?

Also, yes, I know OA is anonymous, but mfp is basically anonymous, too, since you don't have to put your last name (or even first name!) anywhere... I'm not trying to "out" anyone. Just looking for support from people working a similar program.

Replies

• lindahappy
    lindahappy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am looking for OA support using My Fitness Pal too! It seems like an easier way that would actually really work.
  • a2k3r2w7inkel
    Options
    Me.
  • a2k3r2w7inkel
    Options
    Is there a group here for us?
  • bananabeannn
    bananabeannn Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I was in OA for years. I personally had trouble with counting (and sometimes feel like I'm on thin ice being on here now), cause I found that the black or white mentality with I'm "good" if I'm below 1200 calories and "bad" if I'm above set me up for binges. Meetings are the best support ever. I miss them and sometimes still go when I'm feeling really spiritually off.
  • atomikaze9
    atomikaze9 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi abetterjune, this is an old post so I'm not sure you'll see this but I'm going to respond anyway. For me, I'm finding counting calories super stressful. Like bananabeannn, I have this mentality that if I go over my allotted calories, that I'm bad. Which sparks this downward spiral of other thoughts like, "why can't I do this on my own like normal people?" etc. I can't do the OA program and count calories, I'd be a mess. But it works for a lot of people as their food plan. I'd say try it and if it makes you crazy, maybe see a nutritionist to get food plan tailored just for you?