One step forward two steps back.....Ugh

Options
So I really need to find some kind of positive support system. I have been working at this weight loss thing for a few month now without a whole lot of success. I started off great and lost 13 lbs just before christmas but since then I have gained it all back and I am miserable about it. My work environment doesnt help since I am here 8 hrs a day and everyone eats junk all day. I work as an office manager for a surgical practice so I spend alot of time at my desk. My coworkes are of course skinny girls who want to order out everyday and its never healthy. It doesnt help that we often get cookie baskets or brownie baskets deliverd from other Drs offices as a thank you or kind gesture.

When I go home it doesnt get a whole lot better. I have 3 great active kids who eat constantly and none of them are overweight at all. My husband who can eat anything under the sun anytime of day and never gains a pound. He has the opposite problem he wants to put weight on!

So sometimes I feel like I am surrounded by bad influences and temptation. Just need to find some freinds that I can chat with and can give me some positve encouragement especially when I am faced with a tough decisions especially at work. Who knows maybe we can help each other out!!

Replies

• mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Girlie...Add me!! Be honest and I'll support you 100% of the way!! My support group on here is directly corelated with my success!! You came to the right place!! Send me a req & we'll be MFBESTIES!! LOL!!
  • Tara8238
    Tara8238 Posts: 4
    Options
    I have recently began my journey to a better life as well. It can be encouraging to have friends who are in the same situation and share a common goal. I don't have any friends on myfitnesspal yet but am looking to find a support system that I can look to for motivation and inspiration. :happy:
  • 2Grtkids
    2Grtkids Posts: 93
    Options
    Request sent! It's hard. Very hard. Support from this site is key. Good luck to you as you take this journey!
  • Larry0445
    Larry0445 Posts: 232
    Options
    Welcome and good luck with your new found journey. Add me if you wish. :smile:
  • rrgrove
    rrgrove Posts: 73
    Options
    ill add you i try to find people i can motivate and they can return the favor having a good set of friends on here makes a world of difference