Wish me luck!

Options
Hi Guys

Well, I got on the scales this morning and then cried all the way to work! I managed to lose 21lbs last year on Weight Watchers and I have put it all back on since September! Unbelievable. So I'm back on it and I desperately need support and people to motivate me, but i'd also like to make new friends and chat away.

How is everyone doing?

Claire

Replies

• Larry0445
    Larry0445 Posts: 232
    Options
    Welcome Claire. There are plenty of wonderful people on here to support you and help you along your way,in your journey. Good luck and feel free to add me. :smile:
  • SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    So the good news is that you know you have a proven approach to losing those 21lbs, You've done it, you know the techniques that work for you and you know you have the willpower. there can be no doubt whatsoever that you can do it again.

Think about puttin up a chart on the fridge with 21 blocks that you get to cross off one by one at your weekly weigh in. Maybe set a target date for 7lb, 14lb and 21lb milestones. I do this and I love it. I also have a second one where I cross off the number of cardio workouts against a target I set myself.

Good luck, stay positive, happy to be added if you need more friends.
  • Balice57
    Balice57 Posts: 125
    Options
    Hi, Claire. I'm sorry that weight has found its way back to you. I know about a year ago I was doing a ton of walking and lost a lot of weight, and yet here I am with 50 pounds to lose again. Although the weight hasn't been coming off quickly, with mfp I'm learning so much and feel really empowered that I will never go back to my old ways. Even when I have a day to eat whatever I want, I don't enjoy it like I used to, so this time will stick. Hang in here at mfp with us and we will learn and grow (thinner, healthier) together.

Betty
  • FallonMarchand
    Options
    I have had those days! I am always more than willing to be support! Looking for someone to be my support as well! You can do it!!!!
  • littlelegs1983
    Options
    Thanks guys. It is such a bummer, the worst thing is, when I was 19 I lost 5 stone and put it all back on again in 18 months. ARRRGGGGHHHHHH! It's so hard but i've got to do it, I can't live the rest of my life hating myself xx
  • wwww1199
    wwww1199 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Count me as a friend. Alot of great people on here for motivation and support.
  • littlelegs1983
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, the weight goals is one I do, set myself 7lb targets and celebrate after each one, I find when I've lost 21lbs I always get stuck. In the same time it took me to lose 21lbs my mum lost 60lbs!! She has also managed to keep it off. Jealous, but very proud of her, now i've got to do it.
  • squirrrell
    Options
    Hi good lucj I have sent a freiend request!! :) We can do it!! x
  • suzieduh
    suzieduh Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Feel free to add me :-)
  • myf1101
    myf1101 Posts: 99
    Options
    Welcome to the site and good luck. I have sent you a friend request and look forward to chatting with you and some mutual motivation. I am from the UK and have found that other friends from Uk help, especially of they have open diaries.
  • RGKH
    RGKH Posts: 1
    Options
    good luck
  • JudySanders40
    Options
    Good Luck! I am trying to lose twenty pounds and even though i am under my 1200 calorie goal just a little everyday, i am still not getting the results i need....but i am still trying!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Well, you have done it before and you can do it again. :)

Good luck...and stick with it. Eating right is for life! :)
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    You've proven you have what it takes to lose it, so you're in the right place to get back to where you want to be. As with so many of us, it's the maintenance of our weight that trips us up. I just switched to "maintenance" as of this week and I will still be here everyday, logging what I eat, adjusting what I need to as I go to keep the extra weight off! Welcome!!