Week 1, three pounds lost but I am bored!

Options
It's so hard to stay focused. The goal is supposed to keep me focused but I just have no attention span. I thought seeing a shift in the scale would keep me motivated, but I don't feel it! Maybe I am just tired because the change in my routine or I need to change up my exercises to keep me interested.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    What are you currently doing?
  • MDF08
    MDF08 Posts: 57
    Options
    Variety is the spice of life!! Keep it different and don't depend on the scale to move you forward.

Plus, I know if I focus too hard on the mission, I don't enjoy myself and tend to sabotage.

Plan out your meals the night before, plan your owrkouts then too. and then just live the next day. When you go morsel by morsel, you have to think about it too much and it tends to wear you down.

And Measure. I measure myself once a week and that is SO motivating!! it's hard to see the inches come off until you really measure it and see. Then I reward myself! Hey, I'm working my butt off, I think I'll stop and buy coffee this morning!

I'm not focusing on the end result, either. That's too vague and far away. I'm moving day by day and patting myself on the back for the all the progress. It's been a long time coming and darnit, I refuse to mess up and allow myself to drag back into the hole.

:flowerforyou:
  • kncounc
    kncounc Posts: 16
    Options
    What are you currently doing?

I do 30 minutes on the elliptical or the treadmill and then lift weights. I want to add tennis or some other sport to break it up and keep me interested.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Find something fun that you like to do, like different work out videos, dancing, bike riding outside and just be proud of the fact that you are getting healthier. A healthier life is a great motivator for me.
    Just don't do something that seems like a chore. That's how I feel about the treadmill, to me it's boring and I need someone telling me what to do, like the videos. Find out what feels good and fun and do it. Work out in the yard or just turn the radio on and dance, just stay moving!!!

Memaw
  • pange
    pange Posts: 82
    Options
    I get bored easily with my workouts, too. I love spin class, though. And if you keep the tension light, it's not as hard as people make it sound. I also enjoy taking other classes at my gym. Tennis is a great idea, along with basketball. I also recommend hiking, especially if there's hills.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    My experience with weight loss is that change is your best friend.

When you start to stray, change something. Eat something different, find a fruit or veggie you're excited about. Change your workout. Figure out a "safe" meal to have a a local fast food and relish the drive thru experience. Change things often to keep it fresh. With each change you develop new tools for weight loss.

Try to enjoy this ride. It's not easy and you don't get any bonus calories for bordom or suffering.
  • kncounc
    kncounc Posts: 16
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I will change things up for this next week to try to keep me focused (and have a little fun too).