Titanium wall hit, need friends with access to welding equip

Options
Hi, Just started on here and looking for a few friends, things always seem easier faced as a group =). i have 35lb to loose, having already lost 28lb on my own. I have hit a serious wall so thought that joining in online may help. I am 31, married with two small boys.

I work full time but it's shifts so makes eating regularly a challenge some times. I live in the UK, in Yorkshire, with our two dogs. Thats me in a nut shell =).

Replies

• MissLizzRockabilly
    MissLizzRockabilly Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Haha I love the title! have you thought about going sparkpeople? When it comes to tracking things, this app is the best. But if you want a very supportive community of people to help give advice and motivation, sparkpeople is the way to go!
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    sexyminxinthemaking Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    welcome to mfp :bigsmile:
    friend request on its way to you :flowerforyou:
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Haha I love the title! have you thought about going sparkpeople? When it comes to tracking things, this app is the best. But if you want a very supportive community of people to help give advice and motivation, sparkpeople is the way to go!

Wow. Just wow.
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've been using MFP for a little over a month now and have loved it! I'm on here to get fit for a vacation this summer :)

Food logging is great and the database is so large! You'll find a lot of friends here who will support you along your journey! If you need a friend, feel free to add me :)
  • MissMollieD
    MissMollieD Posts: 130
    Options
    Welding titanium is very difficult. You need a highly skilled welder to do this well.
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options

Wow. Just wow.

Right! MFP is full of motivational, caring, people:bigsmile:
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options

Wow. Just wow.

Not to mention the person gave a response, that I assume she thought was thoughtful and helpful, telling the OP that people here aren't helpful. Irony anyone?
  • MissLizzRockabilly
    Options

Wow. Just wow.

Not to mention the person gave a response, that I assume she thought was thoughtful and helpful, telling the OP that people here aren't helpful. Irony anyone?

I never said there aren't any helpful people, I was just suggesting sparkpeople. I didn't realize I was going to be attacked for sharing my opinion. Have any of you used/checked out sparkpeople? It's a giant site that's free, has published books, and has success stories in people magazine and CBS. Me suggesting sparkpeople is the near equivalent to suggesting Weight Watchers.
  • Fraggle80
    Options
    I am happy for all suggestions.... I am desperately in need of them. I have tried Sparkpeople but don't really like it. having a quick look around this site it seems to be more user friendly and the app will be invaluable..
  • MissLizzRockabilly
    Options
    I am happy for all suggestions.... I am desperately in need of them. I have tried Sparkpeople but don't really like it. having a quick look around this site it seems to be more user friendly and the app will be invaluable..

Well at least you tried, some things aren't for everyone. Good luck on your weight loss!
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I personally think MFP is much friendlier and intimate compared to sparkpeople. Love MFP and it's newsfeed!

Feel free to add me if you need some kick butt friends :) It's always nice to add new friends for motivation!
  • jmach002
    jmach002 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    awesome title! lol! and great job on the weight loss so far! feel free to add me as a friend!
  • zoeypoey
    zoeypoey Posts: 4
    Options
    Cheers for adding me as a friend. It is very friendly on here and non judgemental, which is a must as we are all human!!
    Well I have the goggles if anyone else can provide the rest?? Good luck with the weight loss and I have a similar amount to lose!