How often do you eat?

Options
I usually hear that eating every 3-4 hours and 4-6 meals a day is good for you but then I read other stuff to where there's no proof that it really helps with weight loss? What is everyone's meal plan like?

Replies

• ravihira1892
    ravihira1892 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I eat when im hungry really, sometimes i'll have a quick snack if i know i won't be able to access food if i'm out.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    3 meals daily with 2 small snacks usually around 150calories.
  • MissCheese
    MissCheese Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I have the following:

Breakfast at 7.00 a.m.
    Lunch at 12.00 p.m.
    Afternoon snack at 3.30 p.m.
    Dinner at 7.00 p.m.
    Bedtime snack (if hungry) at 9.00 p.m.

Just go with whatever you feel, if you find you are hungry at a certain point most days then include a snack in your meal plan.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a small breakfast, small lunch, and big dinner. And often a snack during the evening. That's what works for me, but that doesn't mean it's what you need to do. You should do whatever seems natural to you.
  • Brandie1029
    Brandie1029 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    When i'm hungry. And I'm ALWAYS hungry. lol So I eat like every 2 hrs, wheather it be a snack or meal.
  • emeraldowl
    emeraldowl Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I tend to have something to eat every 2.5-3 hours.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Timing, in general, does not have an impact on weight loss. Now, some people find they do better with spreading their calories through the day while other people find they do better with less meals. It's all individual preference and you have to find what works best for you.
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I usually hear that eating every 3-4 hours and 4-6 meals a day is good for you but then I read other stuff to where there's no proof that it really helps with weight loss? What is everyone's meal plan like?

I am on a low-carb diet, so I don't get as hungry as low-cal dieters. 2 meals per day with a snack in the middle. NO FOOD after 7PM
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Whenever I'm hungry! My food diary would leave you to think (rightly) that I'm hungry all the time. :happy:
  • rllewell
    rllewell Posts: 234
    Options
    Normally it is something every 2 hours ending at dinner before 7 PM. So if I'm on schedule it would be 8 am, 10 am, Noon, 2 pm, 4 pm, and 6 pm.
  • my31169
    my31169 Posts: 22
    Options
    I eat every 2 - 2 1/2 hours.
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    generally :

breakfast at about 7:30

lunch at 11

dinner at 5:45 to 6 pm

snack / dessert at around 6:30 pm.

on the weekends, those times are pushed back an hour or two.
  • laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    7.30 breakfast
    10 snack (not everyday though)
    12.30 lunch
    4 pm snack
    8 pm dinner

and sometimes I have another afternoon snack, as I tend to be more hungry in the afternoon rather than in the morning..
  • Mandyleighosmack
    Options
    I like to eat small portions every 3 hours ish, it keeps your metabolism going and keeps your energy up. As long as there healthy!
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Depends really.

Breakfast around 8am to 9am
    Snack if I have one, about 11am to 12am and it's usually small.
    Lunch around 1pm to 2pm.
    Snack, usually protein shake or protein yoghurt, 4pm to 6pm
    Dinner can be from 7pm to 9pm

If I have a later dinner I tend to not have a snack, but if it's around 7pm then I have a smaller snack later on. My portions are usually 300 to 400kcal per meal, so that leaves me with enough room for healthier snacks. Sometimes a meal can be about 500kcal though, so less calories for a snack lol.
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I eat every 2.5 - 4 hours. After 4 hours, I start to feel a little light headed.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I eat every 2-3 hours because that's how often I get hungry. I eat small meals and snacks throughout the day and try to save the majority of my calories for dinner. Honestly though, it doesn't matter. As long as you're within your calorie allotment and eating mostly healthy foods, you can still lose weight.
  • edith_t
    edith_t Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    most people find it strange but it works for me
    lunch between 12 - 1 pm - 400-500 cals
    dinner 6pm-7pm - 700-800 cals

with this i only tend to get hungry half an hour before meals which is when i start preparing them anyway
  • woopidydoo
    woopidydoo Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Well, before I joined this community only once a day. I typically only eat dinner - and that's how I've ate my entire life (and I don't snack). My family (parents, siblings, grandparents, etc.) eat the same way now that I think about it. I incorporated breakfast a little bit into my daily meals now that I'm exercising more than ever. I'm not the poster child for healthy eating and I don't eat that much. I'm not saying anyone should eat once a day...I'm just answering the question.
  • angiebarker
    angiebarker Posts: 127
    Options
    My meal plan goes
    Breakfast
    Small snack (usually under 150)
    Lunch
    Small mid day snack- i eat more here than i do the entire day
    Dinner
    Small after dinner snack " "

If i didn't do this i wouldn't get the full 1200 calories a day and sometimes i 'even get that