I need help! I need support! I need to be accountible!

Options
okay... heres my deal! I havent weighed myself for about two months due to FEAR! Im obsessed by my weight and have a poor body image! I have battled with my weight ALL my life and it controls my life.... Since last Sept l have GAINED 6 kilos!!!!!!! (Im 7 kilo's heavierr than my pic) I have NEVER been this heavy being non pregnant! Im out of control and miserable! HELP!!!! Whats behind my binging??
As Dr. Phil says you cannot change what you dont acknowlegdge......So l weighed myself today... Why have l gained 6 kilo's since becoming engaged?? Why am l so out of control? I need support ! HELP... :-(

Replies

• helenmc40
    helenmc40 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    TAKE ONE DAY AT A TIME!! TODAY IS THE DAY YOU TAKE CONTROL. TRY NOT TO DWELL ON YOUR WEIGHT GAIN. THIS CAN BE CHANGED. START TODAY.
  • amandamay71
    amandamay71 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks Helen, thats soo true.. Im sitting here with tears (pathetic l know) but l just feel so out of control! So unhealthy and 'ugly'... Your support means a lot today.. :-(
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Almost everyone on here has been in your shoes at one point or another. We are stress eaters, reward eaters, bored eaters, depressed eaters, busy eaters, etc etc etc. You are not alone. I avoided the scale for almost two years after having my second child. It's right there in the bathroom, but I NEVER stepped on it, never! Denial was where I lived, and I just stayed there for a long time. But you have taken the first step---get out of denial!!! So you know you've gained weight--you already knew that, right?? It's OKAY....You're gonna be OKAY!! You CAN change this, you CAN get healthy and fit, and YOU are the only one who can do it. Resolve to change, and move forward in a positive way...baby steps, one small healthy choice, followed by another, that's how we are all gonna get this done!! Don't despair, but use your anger to propel yourself forward!! Feel free to add me for support, I log in every single day. We all need support to go through this journey. Change is hard, but it's SOOOOO worth it :D
  • helenmc40
    Options
    The guilt is the killer. I have tried and tried for years to lose 10, 20 30 lbs! I have also tried every weight loss option out there, Jenny Craig, WW, LA Weight Loss the list goes on. I am seeing a nutrionist and she is the frst one to ask me about my behaviours when I eat. She said the first thing to do is lose the guilt associated with eating. Eating (anything) should not make you feel guilty, but after eating and the guilty feeling, I was reaching for cookies, chocolate anything.

Then number 2 is hold yourself accountable. You bite it, you write it!!
    Then number 3 is take one day at a time and log all your food and increase your activity. Hope this helps. I am new (3 weeks) to MFP, but I am finding it very resourceful and helpful. And for once I feel like I am in control. Make me a friend.
  • helenmc40
    Options
    You are 100% correct!! Change is good and change is what we need!! This journey begins with 1 step, we are all here for the same reason!! Change our lives for the better!!
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I think the first step to just start doing it. Once you start, you'll get into the routine and enjoy it.
  • aphillips8180
    aphillips8180 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    First, I know it's hard but you should stop berating yourself over it. You are doing the right thing by admitting to yourself that you're out of control. You asked why you're so out of control right now? Once you've calmed down, take a look at your life. Are things more stressful now than they were before (most likely since you're planning a wedding!)? Are you devoting time to yourself?

I've found that when I go through periods of terrible binges it's generally because I'm unhappy, stressed, or I've totally forgotten about myself while taking care of everyone else. It's those times that I have to figure out why I'm unhappy, try to alleviate some stress, or really take the time to love myself (as silly as that sounds).

One thing you might try that works for me when I've gone through a binge is to just get back on track. Start eating well, exercising, getting a full nights sleep and then after a few days or even a few weeks (depending on how long you want to wait!) get on the scale. Good luck. :)
  • thistimeismytime
    Options
    Y
  • kantone999
    kantone999 Posts: 174
    Options
    Start with small changes. What's one thing you eat (or drink) that's high cal/low nutrient? Start drinking it mixed with water, gradually increasing the water until you're drinking pure water. Eat all sandwiches ope-faced to cut out half the bread. Skip bead with meals. Eat whole grains instead of processed cereal. Leave the butter off your toast. You won't even notice these changes but they can add up to a lot. Say you eat toast with butter and fruit spread every other day. Over a year, you'd lose just over 4 pounds with that single tiny change.

You can do it! Feel free to friend me for more ideas.
  • gypsiewoman
    Options
    Amandamay, do the good list and the bad list. Will help you see where your strengths are. I started by giving up ONE thing. No diet or fasting. Just one thing....I loves chips and pretzels. I gave up chips and later gave up pretzels. No I am on to limiting my empty calories like alcohol. One cocktail, one glass of water, one cocktail, one glass of water. Get the picture. Take back control. GOOD LUCK.
  • thistimeismytime
    Options
    Also, read this:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/505891-here-s-some-motivation-i-found-awesomeness

You are more than a number on a scale. Remember your awesomeness! :D
  • Larry0445
    Larry0445 Posts: 232
    Options
    I am always willing to support fellow members of MFP. Sent FR. Good luck. :smile:
  • MGibbs46
    MGibbs46 Posts: 18
    Options
    Don't feel bad, take a deep breath, and start over tomorrow! Are you keeping track of everything you consume even beverages? Try drinking more water, and go for a 20 minute walk after dinner (if possible). Try not to eat at least 3 hours before you go to bed and make your last snack a piece of fruit like an apple, 1/2 banana, or a protein shake. I hope this helps, I've been where you are and I didn't think it was possible to lose weight at my age. I'm 47 and before Jan of this year I was pretty unactive until I started Turbo Jam. It's a slow process. It only takes 21 days to start a habit whether it's a good habit or a bad one, so just give it some more time, and keep coming to these boards for motivation! :)