How do you determine your mini-goals??

Options
dms24
dms24 Posts: 28 Member
I'm not sure how to pick my mini-goals. I had wrote down that I would lose another 10 pounds this month but I'm not sure if that is realistic or not. I don't have much weight to go - I think I am more about toning up now and getting rid of the extra fat layer :smile: I am definitely fit and muscular underneath my fat layer but honestly, I have been paying attention more to the way my clothes fit then my actual weight loss. Any ideas for my personal mini-goals would be great!! Thanks all! Have a great day!! :drinker:

Replies

• Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    I think 10 pounds in a month may be too unrealistic since you are practically at your last 10lbs. I would think more reasonable is 4-5 pounds in a month. Don't set yourself up to fail. If you lose more than 4-5 super but if you meet your goal great you met your goal. Either way you win:wink:
  • stormdragon777
    Options
    I wouldn't look at it strictly in a "losing pounds" sense. I'd think of it more of "hmmmm, what can I do today that's active?" For example, any spare time I have at work say, my last half hour of lunch I'll go on a brisk walk. Or, I may think "Hmmmm, I'm at the gym so lemme do a 30-min circuit, then a 30-min elliptical" for example. For myself, I've found that obsessing over my pounds is actually counter-productive. If I don't see a weight figure I like, I'd get discouraged. So instead, I focus my obsession more on what can I do today as far as exercise and being active. Doing that, there's no way you CAN'T see the calories being burned! That seems to work at least for me, but it wouldn't hurt to at least take it into consideration :) It's an option if you need it.
  • MDF08
    MDF08 Posts: 57
    Options
    I wouldn't look at it strictly in a "losing pounds" sense. I'd think of it more of "hmmmm, what can I do today that's active?" For example, any spare time I have at work say, my last half hour of lunch I'll go on a brisk walk. Or, I may think "Hmmmm, I'm at the gym so lemme do a 30-min circuit, then a 30-min elliptical" for example. For myself, I've found that obsessing over my pounds is actually counter-productive. If I don't see a weight figure I like, I'd get discouraged. So instead, I focus my obsession more on what can I do today as far as exercise and being active. Doing that, there's no way you CAN'T see the calories being burned! That seems to work at least for me, but it wouldn't hurt to at least take it into consideration :) It's an option if you need it.

Very well put!

I focus on tiny goals like cutting back on the consumption of alcohol, getting up and kicking butt at the gym or to a video, staying close to my calories. These things make me feel good! Not numbers on the scale. The numbers on the scale didn't motivate me to get up and move. Getting up and moving and eating well movtivated me!

:flowerforyou: