For 5'2 girls size 8-10 (UK)

Options
Hi, I'd like to buy a fancy dress costume in a UK 8-10 (24-26 inch waist) for my Halloween weight loss goal. I just wondered what weight girls of a similar height 5'2 with a waist between 24-26 inches weighed??

That way I can plan my goal as I have no idea what weight I'd have to be to fit this costume. Thanks ever so much for your help girls!!

Replies

• hml1976
    hml1976 Posts: 64
    Options
    Well I think it probably depends on your shape and frame size. I'm just under 5'3" and have a 26inch waist, I weigh 120lbs. Hope that helps!
  • josephine_x
    josephine_x Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I went as little dead riding hood, got the costume from the internet, was great!
  • actresskat
    actresskat Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. I think I'm an apple (maybe pear) not too sure. I've actually set a goal weight at 120lbs so maybe I guessed about right!

Well done on the weight loss by the way, according to your tracker. Out of interest, how long did that take you?
  • MaggiePuccini
    MaggiePuccini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'd like to buy a fancy dress costume in a UK 8-10 (24-26 inch waist) for my Halloween weight loss goal. I just wondered what weight girls of a similar height 5'2 with a waist between 24-26 inches weighed??

That way I can plan my goal as I have no idea what weight I'd have to be to fit this costume. Thanks ever so much for your help girls!!

I think it depends on your frame. I'm aiming for a 28" waist. I don't think everybody is capable of just dieting their way to a 24" waist. Google waist to height ratios
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    Careful. . .

I'm 5' 3", small frame. I weigh 114 lbs, and my waist is 26-27 inches. My legs and arms are long and very slim, so more of my weight is in my torso. So it really all depends on your body shape. I'd err on getting the costume a bit large--you can always take it in!

Stay strong!
  • actresskat
    Options
    I used to be a size 6-8 so I'm guessing I have a small frame. I look 'right' and 'healthy' in pictures, I just can't remember what weight I was back then (been overweight for 5 years! Eek!)
  • actresskat
    Options
    Wow! You've all had fantastic healthy weight losses! You're all a great inspiration to me :)
  • hml1976
    hml1976 Posts: 64
    Options
    Thanks! It took me a while to get here. I lost the first 25-30lbs really fast like within 3mths. The last 15lbs or so took another 4mths or so. I'm back at it now too, I'd like to try to get down to 115lbs or so for bathing suit season.

The other poster is right about body shape, I'm more hourglass/ruler shaped (33.5 bust, 26 waist, 34.5 hips) and I'm small framed so it may not be totally comparable.

Best of luck!
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3", 108lbs, and 33-26-36.5.
  • actresskat
    Options
    Damn! So much variation in inches. I've asked what size the small and medium costumes are in inches so I can plan from there. Fab figures ladies!
  • Fraggle80
    Options
    This is the most brilliant site and should give you an idea. http://www.mybodygallery.com
  • actresskat
    Options
    Wow! Never seen this site before. Really useful. Thanks!