weekend weight gain

Options
nkolbaba
nkolbaba Posts: 4 Member
It seems that every week I lose 4 pounds but gain 2 back over the weekend. During the week and weekend I try to eat 1200 calories and do P90X. Does anyone have any suggestions to help stop the weight gain over the weekend?

Replies

• dmtriceri
    Options
    I have a 2 pound fluctuation throughout the week. I stopped weiging myself every day. I noticed my best weigh in days are Fridays, after a good solid week of p90x so this is when I weigh in. You might want to try to find ways to burn more calories on the weekend. Do a double workout by adding cardio x, plan something physical outside, and just track your calories.
  • Hartman1986
    Hartman1986 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I tend to drop 6 then gain 4 over the weekend I figure that it avrages out so I'm not worrying about it. I just stoped scaling everyday.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    me too, and it bugs me,,,,,
  • ogottwald
    ogottwald Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Over the past 5 weeks I've started the week at 202 (this week - did not have any cocktails over weekend), 204 prior week, and up to 206. I've lost 1 pound each of the 5 weeks by Friday and made it to onederland at 199 last friday! If drinking cocktails or beer etc you will retain a lot more water over the weekend. I only weigh in 1 time a week on Friday morning so I recommend lowering the frequency on weigh-ins to Monday and Friday.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!