Post your Zumba success stories here!!

Options
Can't wait to read them:smile:

Replies

• tropaze
    tropaze Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I have lost 17 lbs so far thanks to zumba, I don't see much difference look wise, but I feel much better.

Edit: My DH says he see's a difference.
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I have lost 17 lbs so far thanks to zumba, I don't see much difference look wise, but I feel much better.

Edit: My DH says he see's a difference.

Sweet!!! How long have you been doing it?
  • tropaze
    Options
    I've been doing it steadily since mid January. I've been sporadically doing it (making excuses for myself) since summer last year. It didn't work then because I would go only on occasion, now that I've made it a point of committing and doing it at least 3x a week, it's been working great. It's basically like any other exercise program, if you're not gonna do it it doesn't help. But I find it to be a lot of fun, even when I'm doing it at home.
    I have the new Zumba Rush for kinect and I play that almost everyday, it's alot of fun and I can't wait until they give us the new downloadable content.
  • Kiki91395
    Kiki91395 Posts: 10
    Options
    I haven't been doing strictly zumba, but last week i did zumba 4x, and i've also been doing bikram yoga, but so far i've lost 31 pounds since a few months ago, so i'd like to think that the zumba helped...and its so much fun...makes you break a sweat if u really give it your all
  • wish21
    Options
    I want to star using ZUMBA for my cardio workouts while doing the shred:) Can't wait:bigsmile:
  • tropaze
    Options
    Good luck, I can get in about two hours on most days and that helps alot, I break it up into two groups. If I can get to the YMCA, where I take classes, I go there and then I always do one class a day at home with the game. I add in the DVD or my Nike Training Club with it.
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Hi there. 70 lb loss here, primarily due to Zumba, then integrating some trampoline, strength training and healthy eating habits :)
  • HeatherR930
    HeatherR930 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    55 lbs lost from Zumba classes! I started at a size 16 at the end of August, & am now a size 6-8 :) Of course I count calories & lift weights, too, but Zumba got me in the gym & kept me going. It was the missing link from all the other times I tried to lose weight & didn't last long. I love going to class & seeing the results in my body & endurance motivated me. I have gone to 4 classes a week for 7 months now & counting :)
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Zumba to me is more like a fun activity than an actual excersise. I look forward to every class and I do it everyday for two hours at home. I've lost 14lbs from zumba and a vegan diet :)
  • wish21
    Options
    These results are sooo exciting! I hope mine come out that way. I watched the vids and they look really really fun!
  • leslielightfoot
    leslielightfoot Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba. I do it at home with my Wii and it is an awesome work out. Once you know all the moves and can do each one with lots of emphasis and effort the calorie burn is great - and it is FUN. Never thought I`d find an exercise I find FUN. lol. I`ve lost just shy of 20lbs. I started doing Zumba (and some 30 day shred) a couple months ago and have lost about 12lb`s of my 20 lbs with this exercise. I usually do 45 minutes but starting tomorrow I`m going to boost it up to 1 hr.
  • wish21
    Options
    BUMP:bigsmile:
  • danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    45 pounds lost on the zumba diet! lol Ok, ok, that's not the ONLY thing that has helped me. But, i love my zumba!
  • CrueChix
    CrueChix Posts: 47
    Options
    I started taking Zumba in November and so far I have gone down 4 pants sizes. :flowerforyou:
  • drmnofsun
    drmnofsun Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm not actually trying to lose weight, but am just trying to maintain. I've been holding steady for months now and can see muscle definition for the first time since I was a teenager. I LOVE it!
  • e_NV_y
    e_NV_y Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba 3x/week, a cardio core class 1x/week and regular gym time (cardio/wieghts) 1x/week .. and honestly it has done miracles!! The classes is what got me started.. I hated the idea of going to the gym but dancing didnt sound that bad to me.. and even though I looked like I had zero rhythm in the beginning I immediately LOVED it!! Its constantly fun and I've never sweat so much in my life!! I recently added the other two days because I needed and wanted more.. which is a crazy thought in itself for me!! but I am so glad i started the classes! Good luck with yours!! hope you tons of Success as well! and dont worry if you feel like you cant get the steps or beat.. it will come with time!! :)
  • jenrod1118
    jenrod1118 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Zumba for the last 7 months, and have a 53 lb loss to show for it. Of course, I also count calories, strength train, get plenty of sleep and water, and walk miles every day.
  • wish21
    Options
    I started taking Zumba in November and so far I have gone down 4 pants sizes. :flowerforyou:

That is awesome!!!:)