RING SIZE!!!

Options
i know this is going to sound weird but i was curious about how much your fingers lose weight
can you post how much you use to weigh and your ring size and how much it changed as you lost weight please

Replies

• korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Your ring size does change, when I am heavy my ring size is about a 6 to 6.5 for my ring finger since dropping weight my once tight band is spinning freely and if my hands get cold it comes off. I am probably down to a 5.5 ring. I think it is different for everyone though.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Not really sure what size I am now, but my class ring and now my promise ring fall off if I even put my hand to my side
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I used to wear a size 10 ring -- just got sized in a jewelry store yesterday. am a 7.5 now.

I had to get rid of all my rings (cheapo - no big loss) a while ago because they would just fall off...

sw 303.4 (1/1/11)
    cw 198.4 (down 105lbs)
    gw 160
  • lexidell46
    lexidell46 Posts: 143
    Options
    I have lost about 1 and 1/2 ring sizes before.But it can very from person to person.
  • livs_mom
    livs_mom Posts: 37
    Options
    i weigh 142 now, i've lost 50 and my ring size went from 7 to 6.
  • athensguy
    athensguy Posts: 550
    Options
    I'm only down about 12-15 pounds from when I got married and my ring is a good bit looser.
  • iluxoxo211
    iluxoxo211 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hello I used to wear a ring size 12-13 and Now I am a ring size 9-10..big difference I have to wear ring "cushys".
    My starting weight was 335lbs and my current weight is 262.
  • Graciecny
    Graciecny Posts: 303
    Options
    My engagement ring and wedding band are about a 5 (the wedding band is more like a 4.5 and the engagement ring a 5). Before babies and weight gain (perhaps 125 pounds) they were loose to the point where they would slip off in cold weather if I wasn't careful. I ballooned up to about 195 and they didn't fit for quite a while once I gained all that weight...I mean, I could get them on, but heaven forbid I need to remove them! Not comfortable, so I stopped wearing them. I've lost about 10 pounds now, and they fit pretty readily at this point. I have lots more to go before they're back to being loose, but it is SO nice to get them on again! So I'd say it depends on the person, but I saw a noticeable change with 10 pounds or so.
  • Jennhasfaith
    Jennhasfaith Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    My neighbor/ friend works in Jared, she told me that your hands/fingers can vary in size depending on a few factors. During the winter when you might be colder your rings slide easier on your finger due to the cold, verses during the summer hotter. Some people also have one hand just slightly bigger than the other. Try putting your ring on the other hand same finger, is there a diiference for you? Water retention due to the TOM can also affect your hands.

and yes she said weight loss does happen in your hands and fingers, lots of women come in to have the rings sized down!!
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    i know this is going to sound weird but i was curious about how much your fingers lose weight
    can you post how much you use to weigh and your ring size and how much it changed as you lost weight please

I got my engagement ring enlarged when I went up in weight, I had that bought for me when I was at my smallest, then I started losing weight again My ring has been in a drawer for the past 10 months as its waaaaaaaay too big, My wedding ring is starting to get really loose now also .... so another few pounds and that will also be in the drawer also ... I will get them re sized as a prezzie to myself when I am at my weight

I have no idea what my sizes are thou :) sorry
  • Devonanne
    Devonanne Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I can't wear my engagement ring now because it falls off. It was size 5.75 and I will probably get it taken down to 5.25.
  • iluxoxo211
    iluxoxo211 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I can't wear my engagement ring now because it falls off. It was size 5.75 and I will probably get it taken down to 5.25.

Hello..I have lost about 3 ring sizes since I got my engagment and wedding ring ..I cant fit into them anymore so I went to walmart and got what are called ring cuddler they were $3.00 & it makes it so you can wear your rings without them falling off its like a peice you clip onto the bottom of your rings.

http://www.amazon.com/Ring-Adjuster-Guard-Cuddler-Insert/dp/B000P1TL68
  • Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    After 35 lbs lost my rings are all loose, but I don't think loose enough to justify going down a size.
  • Rickh123456
    Rickh123456 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    After about 50 pounds my wedding ring was really loose (I guess it started out really tight??) and I used a temporary plastic ring sizer to keep from falling off, and got it re-sized after I reached my goal weight.
  • renku
    renku Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I've lost 55 lbs. my ring finger has really shrunk. My running joke has been my wedding ring is loose literally not figuratively. I'm starting to think I need to visit a jeweler and get it fixed.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I've lost around 35 lbs in the last year or so and my wedding band needs to be re-sized, it's loose enough that I take it off for swimming.