Too many proteins not enough calories!

Options
Today is only day 2 using MFP but both days, I've gone over allowed proteins and am way under in calories. Any suggestions?

Replies

• athensguy
    athensguy Posts: 550
    Options
    Eat more. Doesn't matter if you go over the protein allocation. Anywhere from 10-35% of your calories in protein is normal.
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    its hard to tell with your diary closed.... most people feel mfp sets protein way to low
  • MissMollieD
    MissMollieD Posts: 130
    Options
    First, open your diary for anyone to see!
  • Becky_Boodle
    Becky_Boodle Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    You should open your diary so people could take a look at what you're eating...
    you can do this by going to settings>diary settings
  • 211trish
    211trish Posts: 5
    Options
    thanks for letting me know about opening my diary. will do.
  • BlondeToast
    Options
    I'm always over my protein and under calories... mainly due to protein shakes etc but you should aim to have around 1.5g of protein for every 1kg that you weigh :)
  • HotBodUnderConstruction
    Options
    MFP's default settings on protein is pretty low so I wouldn't view going "over" on protein as bad.
  • MissMollieD
    MissMollieD Posts: 130
    Options
    Ditto to BlondeToast, you're protein goals should be 1/2 your weight in grams of protein (i.e. 150lb person should consume 75grams of protein/day). You can customize your settings in My Home > Goals > Customize. Otherwise, your balance of macronutrients looks great.
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    don't worry about sticking to the mfp guidelines - in fact you can customize them! If you need more calories get some EFAs in you. A tablespoon of coconut oil will do the trick. (I eat a diet goal of 60% fats, 25% proteins, 15% carbs to maintain my weight, get my efas, and build muscle). Figure out what is the easiest for you and don't forget to keep track of body measurements.

also, opening your diary may be good to do just for your friends here. If you are new here, I suggest making friends, like minded people, and eliminating those who creep you out or are not supportive.

happy and healthy eating! :)
  • 211trish
    211trish Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks for everyone's input! Being able to put my questions out there is great!