30 pounds in 4 months?? realistic?? help!

Options
I would really love to lose 30 pounds by the end of June (I'm 145 now, I'd like to be 115), and I'm on the MFP 2-pounds-a-week plan. This is realistic, right? Does anyone have any advice/tips on how to make this goal attainable? I'd so appreciate some help! Thank you so much!

Replies

• craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Hi.. If you eat clean and exercise, there's no reason why not. The hardest part is COMMITMENT.

Good luck.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    It is do-able but it is a bit much since you are not extremely over weight. I lost 10 pounds a month all last year but this year I average 4 on a good month.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I would really love to lose 30 pounds by the end of June (I'm 145 now, I'd like to be 115), and I'm on the MFP 2-pounds-a-week plan. This is realistic, right? Does anyone have any advice/tips on how to make this goal attainable? I'd so appreciate some help! Thank you so much!
    I was dropping 30 pounds everything months. Was healthy? Nope. Did I lose muscle?? Yep. Would I suggest you do it? NO.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options

Not sure how possible it is when you are only 145. For someone who is obese yes it is possible but for someone already in the healthy weight range it may not be impossible but gonna take a ****load of work. Why not do it slowly and change your lifestyle?
  • Becky_Boodle
    Becky_Boodle Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    If you put a lot of effort into strength training you could look like you lost 30 pound even if you didn't...
  • logicandlove
    logicandlove Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    A pound of fat is about 3500 excess calories. To lose 7.5 pounds a month, you'd be losing about 1.9 pounds a week, so you'd have to have a 950 calorie deficit each day, meaning you'd eat 950 calories less than you burn (1.9 x 3500 = 6650 cals, 6650 cals / 7 days a week = 950 cals).

While that's easier to do when you're obese or more overweight, it's hard (not to mention sometimes unhealthy) to have a deficit that big when you get into a healthier weight range. I don't know how tall you are, but unless you're under 5'4", you're already within a healthy range, so rapid weight loss might not be as easy. Truthfully though, the way you lose matters more than a number on the scale. Eat right and treat your body well, and you'll get results.
  • bagaumer
    bagaumer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's doable. I've lost 35 lbs in the last 4 months spending 30 minutes a night on Wii Fit and watching what I eat. Be prepared to sweat though. There is no such thing as a free lunch. If you're serious about it and make the commitment to workout even when you feel like crap then you can do it.

One last thing. I prayed about it and sought Gods help, I was tired of being fat. The first time I got on the Wii Fit it told me I was obese. Now I am just overweight and have about 7 lbs to go before I am normal weight and my blood pressure was high and is normal now.

Regards,
    Barney
  • lenaelkins
    Options
    Thanks so much, everyone!
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I was dropping 30 pounds everything months. Was healthy? Nope. Did I lose muscle?? Yep. Would I suggest you do it? NO.

So why did you do it? You still look quite muscular in pic.
    I read your About Me and see why you wanted to take the fast route. Well done anyway on your (mostly) fat loss.