Any suggestions for late afternoon sweets cravings?

Options
Yikes!! When it hits 3:00pm all I want to do is eat and eat fast!! Mostly sweets at that. I tried the stick of gum thing and had a luna bar...I just feel so hungry! Any advice?:sad:

87571.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• SpiveyMay
    SpiveyMay Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am also an afternoon snacker, but I drink my coffee in the afternoon. When I drink coffee it curbs my snacking. I always make sure I have enough calories left. I guess it is my afternoon snack.
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Air pop some popcorn and toss it with some butter spray and splenda. Yummy sweet kettlecorn. Sugar free pudding, sugar free jello,Fiber one bars, low fat yogurt, Frozen berries and low fat yogurt blended into a smoothie. Good luck- Cindy :heart:
  • tviands1026
    tviands1026 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks to both!! I commute 2 hours each way to work, so I think it ends up becoming boredom as well!! I am going to have to do the popcorn thing! Thanks!

Tanya

87571.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    i would eat 2x jacobs crackers with a small scrapping of butter

total less than 70 calories :flowerforyou:
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    First of all WELCOME! I know I am the same way because I have a desk job and I work 10 hour days. About that time every day I want to start snacking. I ask myself if it is hunger or do I want something out of stress, boredom, or for some other reason. If it's hunger I'll eat something. I keep 100 calorie popcorn, 100 calorie almonds, stuff like that in my desk. If I want to eat for any other reason but out of hunger then I will drink water (very fast) and chew gum while I try to deal with whatever is making me want to snack.

Good Luck!! :smokin:
  • tviands1026
    tviands1026 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much!! I have to get into the habit better of having the "good" snacks with me. Seems like even though I have some of those snacks...that is not what I want!! Got to be strong!! You all give me hope!
  • jesstiger
    jesstiger Posts: 2
    Options
    good snacks i like....

almonds and an apple
    celery and peanut butter or celery and hummus
    even a protein shake of some sort is good

for the comment from cindy.....i recommend you stick away from sugar free items. Things that are sugar free are typically quite harmful to your body. It isnt natural. Splenda is probably the WORST thing to put into your body. One reason why people have so much problems losing weight is because of fluid retention in their body from the toxins in their body. Your liver needs to function well in order to lose weight. A good substitute for sugar is Stevia...its a natural sweetener that is not harmful to your body.
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    good snacks i like....

almonds and an apple

for the comment from cindy.....i recommend you stick away from sugar free items. Things that are sugar free are typically quite harmful to your body. It isnt natural. Splenda is probably the WORST thing to put into your body. One reason why people have so much problems losing weight is because of fluid retention in their body from the toxins in their body. Your liver needs to function well in order to lose weight. A good substitute for sugar is Stevia...its a natural sweetener that is not harmful to your body.
    While I appreciate your opinion I disagree. I think eating sugar free items in MODERATION is fine. I once asked 3 differant doctors about Splenda. They all agreed that in moderation it's 100% safe. I have the opinion that any food can be BAD for you. Pestacides on fruti veggies, hormones in milk/meat. Heck- the air we breath is sometimes bad for us. I eat sugar free items/splenda and lose 3-4 pounds a week. I have been using Splenda for 8 years with no ill effects. The beauty of this board is everyones differant opinions and ideas. I do agree if your a clean eater you would avoid Splenda . I eat clean some of the time but can't seem to commit 100%. I havent tried Stevia. Does it come in powder form or is it liquid? Cindy :heart:
  • metsgirl31
    metsgirl31 Posts: 45
    Options
    Breyers makes yogurt with that is vanilla and then has chocolate chip or Oreo toppings you can put on it- it kinda tastes like cookies and cream! Theres two sizes- i believe that the larger one is 140 cal, and the small one is 100 cal.
  • incircles_lp2
    incircles_lp2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I found an awesome sweet tooth snack-frozen blueberries! They are very sweet and when you eat them frozen you feel like you are eating something that isn't healthy for you. You can eat so many of them and they have very few calories in them and they are a great source of antioxidants!
  • metalpalace
    metalpalace Posts: 576
    Options
    Hersheys chocolate bar. Of course it's great for after a hard work out :laugh:
  • bakergirl62
    bakergirl62 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    1 slice 100% Whole Grain Bread
    1 Tablespoon Jiffy reduced fat peanut butter
    185 calories
    8 grams protein
    5 grams sugar

Yummers!
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    good snacks i like....

almonds and an apple

While I appreciate your opinion I disagree. I think eating sugar free items in MODERATION is fine. I once asked 3 differant doctors about Splenda. They all agreed that in moderation it's 100% safe. I have the opinion that any food can be BAD for you. Pestacides on fruti veggies, hormones in milk/meat. Heck- the air we breath is sometimes bad for us. I eat sugar free items/splenda and lose 3-4 pounds a week. I have been using Splenda for 8 years with no ill effects. The beauty of this board is everyones differant opinions and ideas. I do agree if your a clean eater you would avoid Splenda . I eat clean some of the time but can't seem to commit 100%. I havent tried Stevia. Does it come in powder form or is it liquid? Cindy :heart:

Stevia is a plant, you dry the leaves and grind them to use. Truvia is an artificial sweetener (granules) made from Stevia. I use Truvia and I like the taste better than Splenda.
  • LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I make myself a protein shake in the afternoon, expecially if I know I'll be working out later. Totally fills ya up!

Gold Standard Protein
    A banana
    sometime a TB of peanut butter
    throw in some chocolate covered espresso beans sometimes.

Great energy booster!!! Perfect if you are doing the smaller meals throught the day, since this can be around 300 cals.

Oh...and btw..LOVE my Magic Bullet!
  • LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Oh and btw...if sweet snacks were what you are craving, I wouldn't put up a pic of donuts x'd out. that is like telling your mind they are forbidden, and we all know what happens w/ forbidden things :devil: . Focus on eating yummy good things and craving those instead!!! :flowerforyou:
  • jess412
    jess412 Posts: 29
    Options
    go to the store and get you some 60 calorie packs of pudding! i just went and bought me some last night cause i love sweets, too. i got dark chocolate and cinamon roll. the cinamon roll is ok, but i haven't tried the dark chocolate yet, although i'm sure it's good! :smile:
  • ClassiC
    ClassiC Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    low fat cottage cheese and peanut butter with a packet of alternative sweetener. i know it sounds wierd but just give it a try! works for me and helps keep me full all at the same time :happy:

u can also try sugar free chocolate fudgsicles or sugar free russell stover chocolates, honey peanuts, etc in limited servings of course if u are allowed carbs! They are great alternatives to otherwise fattening foods:flowerforyou: