Snack Choices

Options
2»

Replies

• maf66
    maf66 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    My personal goal for a snack is no more than 200 calories and no less than 10g protein. Couple grams of fiber or more is good also. Whole grain crackers and beef jerkey, Peanut butter on a slice of whole grain bread, Milk and Kashi go lean cereal (Horizon makes a milk in individual cartons that does not need to be refrigerated. Go for the vanilla or chocolate, they're better) Pouches of low sodium tuna and crackers, stuff like that you could keep at room temp no problem! I wish you luck!
  • ama3t
    ama3t Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Its not for everyone but I LOVE hummus. You can dip veggies in. Cucumber and hummus is a great low cal snack. The cuke it only like 15 calories if you eat the whole thing! And hummus helps maintain blood sugar at a stable level, which reduces that urge to snack more somewhat :)

Lots of fruit! My hubby doesn't love fruit,, be he can get it in a fruit and yogurt smoothie.

Speaking of which, greek yougrt is a yummy snack as well!
  • drema2370
    drema2370 Posts: 21
    Options
    I always keep plenty of low calorie snacks in the house. I like nuts, the slim fast 100 calorie bars are great. just bought a box of Special K chips. There are a ton of options that require no refrigerator.