PB2 Like or Dislike?

Options
I would like opinions....I like to use Peanut Butter on apples, celery, sandwiches and crackers. If I buy some of this PB2 I have been hearing so much about, will I like it, or be disappointed!? Worth the money or no? Would love to hear some comments on it....Thanks!

Replies

• cmarshel
    cmarshel Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My wife bought some to try for herself and I gave it a try. I think it's great! Just get you a jar of regular and the one with Chocolate...you will not be disappointed.
  • BowtieJM
    BowtieJM Posts: 1
    Options
    I could not get past the consistency. It has a very grainy texture. I added the water, mixed it, and it turned to cement very quickly. The flavor was ok, but just not very spreadable. I have heard of adding just a drop of oil to the mix to help with that problem.
  • plzlbsbegone
    Options
    Thanks you two! Anyone else? Love it? Hate it? Pro's Cons? Anyone!?!
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I like it a lot. I mix it with my yogurt and sometimes add it to my protein shakes instead of regular pb if I want less cals. I have both the regular and chocolate. I am not thrilled with the chocolate because I don't think it really has any chocolate flavor. I don't think it's worth the extra carbs over the regular kind. Once I finish it I will only use the plain pb2.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I think it has a weird texture and does not taste as good as regular PB. It is probably fine mixed into things like protein shakes but I usually eat PB straight up. I would rather eat less of the real stuff than more of the PB2.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I think it tastes very good. Finally a way for me to eat PB again and not feel bad about it! (yeah go away all the "what about the good fats?" people) :laugh:

I think if it's grainy or the texture is off, just add a little more water. I've eaten it on bread (Sara Lee 45) on plain rice cakes, on apples, on English Muffins (low cal), etc.

The Choc. kind in my opinion not very chocolate-y but it's still good. I have both kinds and like both.
  • Rickh123456
    Rickh123456 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love PB2 and keep it on hand all the time; however, as a spread for celery or crackers, it leaves much to be desired. PB2 is essentially peanuts with all the oil and moisture removed, leaving behind a powder. It has an intense peanut taste, but to be used you are going to have to mix it with something. Just as different peanut butter brands have different "tastes" depending on the added sugar, PB2 will taste differently depending on how you mix it and use it.

Here is a couple of suggestions for spreads: mix together a couple tablespoons of fat-free cream cheese (about 30 calories per serving) two tablespoons PB2 (about 45 calories) a packet or two of Splenda or Truvia, and a tablespoon (more or less) of unsweetened almond milk (I use silk, but I guess you could use water.) Mash it together until well blended and you have a peanut flavored cream cheese that gives you a pretty good quantity for not a lot of calories.

I use PB2 as a powder mixed with oatmeal (minute-microwave oatmeal) and again mix with a splenda for a nice peanut flavored oatmeal.

I also use it in smoothies, etc.

One recent use was to mix it with Cool-Whip Free along with Splenda to make a peanut mousse. I blended half a tub with some PB2 (a few tablespoons) and the other half of the tub with a couple packets of diet hot chocolate mix (about 20 calories per packet) and then spooned in some of the PBmix on top of the chocolate mix in a nice glass - my wife thought it was great and had no idea it was a low calorie dessert.

I really like PB2, but if you are looking to make a PB sandwich, try Peter Pan's whipped reduced sugar version - it spreads easily and has about 150 calories for two tablespoons, instead of the normal 200.
  • Rickh123456
    Rickh123456 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    agree - I thought the chocolate had very little chocolate taste and I prefer the normal PB2
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I don't like it by itself - it is kind of sweet and not very peanutty to me. Great for adding to smoothies or other things. I still have at least a TBSP of regular peanut butter everyday, whether it is on toast, with an apple, or right off the spoon.
  • mscags1
    mscags1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Love love love it.
  • kriskaryl
    kriskaryl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Love it...I use it with my chocolate protein powder to make my Reeses Peanut Butter Protein shakes. Add unsweetened almond milk and ice in the blender...OMG!!! Got to go get some more PB2 tomorrow, hope to find the chocolate and will get both.
  • NeeNee5674
    Options
    I personally can't get past the graininess... the texture overrides everything else for me. I think this is really another product where opinions will vary from person to person, and your best bet will likely be to just get a jar and try it unless you know someone locally that has it and will give you a couple of tablespoons to try. For me, I think I'll just stick with budgeting regular pb into my allotment. ;)