New Workout Music

Options
I am in need of more workout music. That being said, I am 51, so I am not metal or hip hop oriented. I am hoping some of you have suggestions for songs (old and new) that are good to jog/run/do cardio to. I know my daughter would be horrified by what is on my Ipod, but I have things like Clocks, by Cold Play; Maneater, by Nelly Frutado; Revolution, Beatles; and Spirit in the Sky by Norman Greenbaum. I need a pace, you now. I like rock, country, whatever, just not screaming.
Thanks!

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    jogfm.com will let you search music by your running/walking speed. You plug in your miles per hour & it gives you a list of songs. You can then search by genre. I'm totally with you on the hip hop.

Here are some of mine ....... my music is fast walking

Chasing Pavements, Adele 138
    Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic, The Police 158
    Get On Your Boots, U2 155
    Human, The Killers 155
    Into The Groove, Madonna 143
    Legs, ZZ Top 152
    Mercy, Duffy 141
    More Than A Feeling, Boston 141
    My Life Would Suck Without You, Kelly Clarkson 153
    Untouched, The Veronicas 144
    Viva La Vida, Coldplay 145
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I look at these playlists from time to time. The first page on Fitness Magazine is Hip Hop ..... but there are pages for country, rock, etc.

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/music/popular-playlists/100-best-workout-songs/

http://www.marieclaire.com/health-fitness/workout-playlist/
  • nrimas
    nrimas Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    jogfm.com was just awesome! I already have six new songs!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
  • CourtneyWaddell
    CourtneyWaddell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...I'm kind of drawing a blank. I love the "Pulp Fiction" soundtrack, all kinds of genres going on there. My iPod has a ton of weird stuff. I am into Interpol, Best Coast, PJ Harvey, George Harrison, blah blah blah...